"Live" Sapphire Princess, 32 Days, Buenos Aires to LA, 3/5/23 to 4/6/23

LACruiser88

We are checked into our first flight for tomorrow and both flights are showing that they are still on time.

We are packed, all four bags and our carryon.  What can I say my DW loves her shoes!  Luckily, flying 1st class we each get two bags, up to 70 lbs each.

We now await our 9 am pickup!

• Like 4

We are about 3 hrs into our flight and I can report that the wifi works great!  Much better than on the ship.  We had a AA coupon for free inflight wifi.  Without the coupon it would have been $35.

We've had dinner and now it's to get some sleep.  For those interested here is the menu from our dinner.  We had the salmon and hot fudge sundaes.

And a blurry pic of my DW getting settled.

20230227_191910.jpg

20230227_191648.jpg

20230227_192021.jpg

IMG_20230227_201626_556.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are about 3 hrs into our flight and I can report that the wifi works great!  Much better than on the ship.  We had a AA coupon for free inflight wifi.  Without the coupon it would have been $35.

We've had dinner and now it's to get some sleep.  For those interested here is the menu from our dinner.  We had the salmon and hot fudge sundaes.

And a blurry pic of my DW getting settled.

20230227_191910.jpg

20230227_191648.jpg

20230227_192021.jpg

IMG_20230227_201626_556.jpg

👍  soooo much better than a chicken coop seat on long flights

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well unfortunately I won’t be doing any live posts on this cruise because of a family health emergency (cancelled this morning), I eagerly await posts regarding this cruise. This cruise had been booked for a long time and I really wanted to walk among the penguins. Maybe another time. Enjoy cruisers!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GrammySpo said:

Well unfortunately I won’t be doing any live posts on this cruise because of a family health emergency (cancelled this morning), I eagerly await posts regarding this cruise. This cruise had been booked for a long time and I really wanted to walk among the penguins. Maybe another time. Enjoy cruisers!

oh, that's disappointing!

Hope the family health emergency is quickly resolved.

Hugs,

Mary

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GrammySpo said:

So sorry to hear your news.  Prayers to your family.  🙏

• Like 1

There were several of our roll call members asking about the currency exchange in Argentina.

We went out to lunch after checking in to our hotel.  Money exchange "casas" are all over.  We have one directly across the street from our hotel.

Today they were exchanging at 365 pesos to the US dollar.  The photo is what $100 USD looks like, 36,500 pesos.  It is quite a wad in my pocket!

20230228_183110.jpg

• Like 6

Tonight for dinner we found a restaurant (50 ft from our hotel) where we enjoyed one of the best seafood dinners and wine in a very long time!  Fervor Brasas, the food and service were fantastic! (https://www.fervorbrasas.com.ar/)

We enjoyed a REALLY good Malbec (the wine list had 3 pages of just Malbec's) and the total bill was only 23,950 pesos!  Or about $67! 

I  included a few photos of the restaurant and the front of our hotel.  Our room was too messy for photos tonight, maybe mañana.

To our surprise, when we returned to our room we had a second room service and chocolates on our pillow!  Reminded us of a cruise line we used to know!  😄

20230228_202153.jpg

20230228_200835.jpg

20230228_211829.jpg

20230228_211833.jpg

20230228_212104.jpg

20230228_212157.jpg

20230228_212736.jpg

• Like 11

Today we had a FANTASTIC time on a 6 hr walking tour with Sebastián from viptoursba.com  If you come to Buenos Aires you must see the city through Sebastián's eyes! 

Thank you @vickie_bernie for the great recommendation!  Sebastián has arranged a dinner tango show for tomorrow night and we are also spending Saturday with him.

IMG-20230301-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0042.jpg

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Today we had a FANTASTIC time on a 6 hr walking tour with Sebastián from viptoursba.com  If you come to Buenos Aires you must see the city through Sebastián's eyes! 

Thank you @vickie_bernie for the great recommendation!  Sebastián has arranged a dinner tango show for tomorrow night and we are also spending Saturday with him.

IMG-20230301-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230301-WA0042.jpg

So glad you connected.  Sebastian is amazing and so happy to now call him friend 

We will be seeing him again Sunday night.

Make sure to come say hi me once on board!  

Vickie 

• Like 1

Sapphire mostly good when we were on her in December.   Staff amazing, food good. Captain great. Some of the cabins had heating issues.   That was the only down side for us.  

When you get a chance would love to hear more about your hotel.  We stayed down the street at the hotel used  by Princess.  Across from the Mall.   Great location.    Would love another recommendation as we would like to go back.

Thanks

Joe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waltd said:

When you get a chance would love to hear more about your hotel.  We stayed down the street at the hotel used  by Princess.  Across from the Mall.   Great location.    Would love another recommendation as we would like to go back.

Thanks

Joe

The hotel has been more than sufficient.  It is very convenient, they include a very nice buffet breakfast, the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful.  We have a king size bed, separate sitting area with small couch and chair, A/C works great.  TV has Netflix.

It is an older property but very well maintained.  It is just a block down from the mall (we had lunch at the mall Food Hall yesterday).

We got a great deal thru Hotels.com, $800 for 5 nights.  This was a lower price than booking directly or thru any other of the online sites.

I'll post some room photos maybe tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The hotel has been more than sufficient.  It is very convenient, they include a very nice buffet breakfast, the staff has been extremely friendly and helpful.  We have a king size bed, separate sitting area with small couch and chair, A/C works great.  TV has Netflix.

It is an older property but very well maintained.  It is just a block down from the mall (we had lunch at the mall Food Hall yesterday).

We got a great deal thru Hotels.com, $800 for 5 nights.  This was a lower price than booking directly or thru any other of the online sites.

I'll post some room photos maybe tomorrow.

I was amazed how nice the Food Hall was. We ate there for a few lunches.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates.  We booked the Jan. 20, 2024, Santiago to Buenos Aires while on board the Royal this week.  

Did the DFW to EZE AA flight have any rear facing Biz class seats?  We were moved (at the gate) to 2 of those last year.  Most annoying. 

Thanks for the tour guide recommendation. 

Looks like you are enjoying your trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Thanks for the updates.  We booked the Jan. 20, 2024, Santiago to Buenos Aires while on board the Royal this week.  

We, too, are on that trip!   The rollcall hasn't been too active yet, but I think it will pick up soon.

Have gotten nice tips already from this "Live" thread -- thanks, @LACruiser88

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milolii said:

Did the DFW to EZE AA flight have any rear facing Biz class seats?  We were moved (at the gate) to 2 of those last year.  Most annoying. 

Thanks for the tour guide recommendation. 

Looks like you are enjoying your trip. 

We flew January on the AA flight in rear facing seats.  No issue, nothing to see, slept soundly from EZE to DFW.   

• Like 1