The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 25th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

7 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Sharon in AZ Sorry you had a tough conversation with your mother. It's good she has you to lean on even when it's a challenge.

Thank you.  She is almost 94 and very heard of hearing, so I discuss important things in person. I think it doesn’t help that she uses two calendars, a small one for her purse and a big one for her kitchen table. This time she hadn’t corrected a rescheduled appointment on the big calendar so she called me very confused. I never know when she hears me and when she doesn’t so I ask her to repeat what I say and I’m sure she gets irritated when I do that. It is a challenge. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted, but I manage to take a few minutes most days to read the daily.  I love the bantering back and forth over our various happenings in our lives.  Sharing makes us know that we are not the "only ones" having life happens moments!

I am still caring for Dad with his dementia, overall he is physically doing better, we are actually getting him up and ambulating him short distances in the house.  Considering when he was discharged from the hospital in December bed bound, that is a big change.

@marshhawk  So sorry to read about Neko.  It is hard to loose those furry friends.

@0106  I have purposely bought some of those "banned" books to keep on my shelf and share with the Grands!  I want them to be able to read them, think about things and discuss the contents even if they may not agree with the content.  My four children are quite articulate and well read, my hopes are that the Grands will be too.

@dfish  Thank you for the daily recipes, I always enjoy the new ideas or reminders of "old" ones we have forgotten about.  The hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes was a comfort food growing up and I will say I made it for the kids when they were young and things were tight!

I have been chuckling over the "refrigerator saga" most of us have experienced.  We went through it in July 2020 with waiting 8 weeks for a new one to come in while the old one was threatening to quit working!

Keep posting those travel pictures, I love to see them.  Wishing you all well, hugs and prayers to those of you that are hurting.

Denise

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@TiogaCruiser!!  I just read you and your DH will be on the Volendam in April. I didn’t want to overtake the roll call.  May I ask what hotel you decided on for Fort Lauderdale?  The tea you are working on sounds interesting. 

We booked at the Riverside Hotel. There were several positive comments on the board about it, and the website made it look appealing. We’ll probably walk along the river the day before embarking. We haven’t done hardly any planning yet for the cruise. ( I didn’t think I was going to join the rollcall until I saw you pop in, and the comments about a stitching group😁.)

• Like 4

Growing up in NJ during the 60's and 70's Mom had both Harvest Gold and Avocado kitchen decor, she also had "celery" carpet, but the best house was their house in MN.  A true MN Vikings fan had not been loan approved before he decided to decorate the interior of the house he thought he would be able to buy.  Deep purple carpet, the master bedroom had deep purple drapes, almost like black out curtains.  Chandeliers in every room, even the downstairs basement bathroom.  My Dad loved this house, but not for the purple.    But they bought as is, and never did change a thing.  The kitchen was all copper. But they moved before they could remodel, moved back to NJ and they ended up with another Harvest Gold Kitchen.  

I like my freezer at eye level, the color of my kitchen is almond, and black, with a tinge of red like the tea pot and the can opener.  

@0106I've read every book on your list.  Also add Harry Potter that was banned in the county next to mine.  When I heard that, I had to read it to find out what all the fuss was about.  Couldn't put the first book down, read it in a day, went out and bought the next two and when book four came out in Hardback, I bought that too.  Finished the series, and loved every one of them.   Best way to get someone to read a book is tell them the book is banned.

Started watching a new Britbox show tonight with the Humphrey character from Death in Paradise.  Tomorrow is another Vera!  

364696-Tonight-May-Your-Sleep-Be-Filled-

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15

17 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

rzz, I think I remember you've been here before.  Welcome back!  I award you worst renovation story on the Daily thus far.  Terri's @Cruzin Terri was bad but didn't stretch out quite as long. 

Just to set the record straight.  March 4 will make 6 months from the date of the flood.  And we still don’t have a bathroom.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just to set the record straight.  March 4 will make 6 months from the date of the flood.  And we still don’t have a bathroom.  

I hope I didn't upset you comparing your renovation/repair to @arzz's.   I agree 6 months is a long time.  But I just thought that two years was an excessively long time to go through a disruption like they did.  Here is a medal for you too!🏅  Hope we are still friends!🤗

• Like 4