An HONEST review of the NEW Royal MDR Menu

The new menu wasn’t the problem on Allure.  It was the quality of the meat and sometimes the way it was cooked.  DH loved his curry dish.  By the way, the Salmon on Mexican night ( hope I have that right) was good.  Probably the best of the cruise. It was the gray tenderloin that was unchewable, ordered medium, the mushy, watery lasagna, mushy onion tart, and 2 hard, cold, chocolate chip cookies on a plate with no ice cream on formal night that got me.  Next cruise will be better as I’ve now learned what not to order.  The quality of food was disappointing but it’s not the menu.  Maybe the chefs need some time to figure out how to mass produce the food better.  I’ll give it another try in less than a month.  

6 minutes ago, teddybear231 said:

I'm sailing on Explorer March 18 and there is still no dinner menus listed in the app.

I see them listed but in typical RCI IT fashion, they are messed up by showing the kids menu. Look at the next sailing (3/12) for the menu for first six days - look at any other 8 day sailing (on another ship) for full menu.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, teddybear231 said:

I'm sailing on Explorer March 18 and there is still no dinner menus listed in the app.

You can click on other sailings and then on this weeks sailing. It should be the same 

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

You can click on other sailings and then on this weeks sailing. It should be the same 

Explorer is on a non-revenue repo after her dry dock - her first sailing is 3/12 (6 day) which is different than the poster's sailing (8 day). When there's a break in service like that, the app sometimes takes a while to populate correct info.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:20 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

Desserts have always been the weakest point in the cruising industry, in my opinion, but I did have a couple enjoyable ones this trip. Man, that gooey choco chip cookie thing was amazing! And they brought me a scoop of icecream with every dessert without even me having to ask!

OMG, you are right !  That warm choc. cookie was amazing!

• Like 1