How do we show our negative Covid test for the T/A on Anthem?

ace2542

We don't have I Phones or Snapchat, Instgram, whatever they call it. We can take a picture and save that picture in the memory of the phone but that would be it. Or walk up to to check in with the negative test in our hands? That would be all we could do.

Would these things be ok?

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Likely, yes.

Would it be 2 pictures on 1 phone or 1 picture on each phone? We only have 1 phone that could do pictures and not really good pics at that. The phone would be the old camera phones not a smart phone.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

No need for anything other than the pic of the test.

Thanks mate. Joke isn't it. I have found pics of negative tests online and it may come to that. I know nyc pretty well and I don't know how to get tested now that bloom has closed down. I am sure we can buy em from CVS if it comes to it

10 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Are the home test lits that the government has sent out OK?

Do we do the test at home, say the day before the cruise, and show the results when we check in?

Cheers

Len

Those from the post office were the ones we used. Just took a picture on the phone and that was all they needed to see. The pink line on the one my wife took was almost invisible, I just took another picture of mine and had no problem. They really could not care less as to what you show them. We did our test in the hotel before we left for the ship.  

Edited by taglovestocruise

I have a related question.   I went on Royal's website with updated health protocols yesterday, and it says that Transpacific cruises need a negative test to board.  We are going on Quantum from Hawaii to Vancouver, which is in reality the last leg of the transpacific.  Does anyone know if this cruise requires a test?

Thanks, Pat

We will also be on this TA in May and we will do the same as we did for the TA last Autumn, we did a home test the day before and we took the actual test cartridge with our name written in felt tip on it. Had no issues, in fact they didn’t even look at them properly just more concerned that we were up to date with our vaccinations.

We used the free test from the post office sailing Vancouver to Hawaii last Oct. Just a picture on your phone and as poster number 1 said they barely looked at it .  My wifes test was so faint that I took a additional picture of mine to show them. They just need a picture, not even a dated pic. 

38 minutes ago, vistapat said:

I have a related question.   I went on Royal's website with updated health protocols yesterday, and it says that Transpacific cruises need a negative test to board.  We are going on Quantum from Hawaii to Vancouver, which is in reality the last leg of the transpacific.  Does anyone know if this cruise requires a test?

Thanks, Pat

That is not considered a TP cruise. The Sydney to Honolulu is the TP portion. So leaving from a US port, Honolulu, no test is required. 

Just now, crzndeb said:

That is not considered a TP cruise. The Sydney to Honolulu is the TP portion. So leaving from a US port, Honolulu, no test is required. 

We sailed Vancouver to Hawaii a few months ago. It was considered a transpacific and we did need the test on the first leg .  Maybe things have changed in the last three months. 

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

We don't have I Phones or Snapchat, Instgram, whatever they call it. We can take a picture and save that picture in the memory of the phone but that would be it. Or walk up to to check in with the negative test in our hands? That would be all we could do.

Would these things be ok?

Still plenty of Randox clinics in the UK where you can get them done. They'll email you the results which you could save to the phone / print off in advance.

https://covid.randox.com/clinic-locator/

40 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We sailed Vancouver to Hawaii a few months ago. It was considered a transpacific and we did need the test on the first leg .  Maybe things have changed in the last three months. 

If there is any question, cruiser should contact Royal.

I have never gone that way from Vancouver, but I guess I will see if they test in May, since I will already be on board from Sydney.

Edited by crzndeb

4 minutes ago, vistapat said:

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I just sent off an email to our travel agent asking him to find out the answer from Royal.

Pat

I would check on your Roll call also and see if anybody has heard anything. I’m on the Ovation, and I asked on there also. I board in Sydney, but many are just sailing the Hawaii leg.

I know Hawaii and Canada were some of the last to lift testing requirements, so it may have had to do with that also. At least it doesn’t need to be proctored now. 😉

2 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Still plenty of Randox clinics in the UK where you can get them done. They'll email you the results which you could save to the phone / print off in advance.

https://covid.randox.com/clinic-locator/

Tests no longer require to be supervised, (proctored), so any test kits from any Pharmacies in the UK would suffice, and would be cheaper too..

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

And the winner is ---- cruzndeb!  My TA just got back to me saying that because this cruise originates in Honolulu, no testing is required.  However, being the belt and suspenders kind of gal that I am, and having several home tests lying around, we'll probably take one the day before anyway.  Thanks again.

Pat

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vistapat said:

And the winner is ---- cruzndeb!  My TA just got back to me saying that because this cruise originates in Honolulu, no testing is required.  However, being the belt and suspenders kind of gal that I am, and having several home tests lying around, we'll probably take one the day before anyway.  Thanks again.

Pat

Somebody on my Roll Call said they also had to test last Sept. on the Vancouver-Honolulu. I’m wondering if this was more a Canada restriction. 

PS…I looked it up, and Canada dropped all testing on Oct 1 2022. That is why some still had to test to Hawaii

Edited by crzndeb

Transpacific Testing - Part 2.  We just got an email today regarding our "Transpacific Crossing" and stating that testing is required.  Others on the roll call also received it.  I forwarded it to our TA and asked him to verify yea, nay, but not maybe.

Pat

33 minutes ago, vistapat said:

Transpacific Testing - Part 2.  We just got an email today regarding our "Transpacific Crossing" and stating that testing is required.  Others on the roll call also received it.  I forwarded it to our TA and asked him to verify yea, nay, but not maybe.

Pat

Royal IT strikes again... Yes, No, Maybe..could you repeat the question.  If we give you a answer you don't like just call back and get a different rep. 

• Like 1