To drink package or not to drink package.. A Shakespeare tale

colesc15

Always has been a better deal for us but we are big drinkers. We are Diamond, but if we go to the MDR for breakfast, that's 3 mimosas for me right there. Several bloody mary's at the pool and then beers in the pub before a nap, drinks at dinner and a nightcap. Oh be still my liver!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, depplep said:

Always has been a better deal for us but we are big drinkers. We are Diamond, but if we go to the MDR for breakfast, that's 3 mimosas for me right there. Several bloody mary's at the pool and then beers in the pub before a nap, drinks at dinner and a nightcap. Oh be still my liver!

We aren't big drinkers at home but on vacation we let loose and to your point, it adds up quick

7 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

We aren't big drinkers at home but on vacation we let loose and to your point, it adds up quick

This! Well at home we’re craft beer drinkers, usually lower ABV IPAs. I can’t find those on board so I have a fling with my good friend vodka - hey I mix it with water so it’s hydrating too 🙂 but those go down easy!

Says the one that bit the DBP bullet today for my October cruise, I’ll just hope it also goes lower!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

As of right now, we have the drink package booked. Thinking we'll keep it since it's only $550. If we lose money on it, so be it I suppose. Challenge accepted 😎

If you have a personal history of consuming up to 20-25 drinks in a day on a cruise, two of you drinking more than $550 worth won’t be much of a challenge.  Enjoy your cruise.

I buy the $$$ math issues with Deluxe Drink Package.  Either makes sense or it doesn't.  And depends on your budget.

What I don't get is the "convenience/peace of mind argument". If you still have to show your sea pass and still have to sign for drinks, and still have to pay the credit card (in advance). where's the convenience? Are you that stressed that you're spending too much and worried over final invoice?

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

As of right now, we have the drink package booked. Thinking we'll keep it since it's only $550. If we lose money on it, so be it I suppose. Challenge accepted 😎

Don’t know if you followed the Oasis Bella 🐾 thread, but here is my summary of Free v Pay for drinks 

Granted a 7 day cruise, but we only drank for 6 

🍻FREE DRINK 🍹 Summary 🥂

Even with a day to spare, I know my (we) our limits 

So I am going to cut myself off and calculate if the getting drinks FREE all cruise is really worth it 😂🤣😂

Doesn’t mean I won’t be drinking today 🍹

Beers are $7.35, $7.95 and $8.35 varies by brand 

For statical purposes let’s call a beer $8.00

Cocktails $14.00

No need for nickel and diming 🪙 

We (I) us had 112 alcoholic beverages over 6 days 

That’s 31 beer 🍻 and 81 cocktails 🍹 

Beer $248.00

Cocktails $1134.00

TOTAL $1382.00 for 6 days 

I’m not even going to include water and coffee 😎

Drink package call it a generous $75 per day

At 6 days $450 x 2 $900.00

So for two people, if there were 2 

It’s a lot cheaper to drink for FREE than it is to purchase the drinks package 👍🏻

We would have saved $482 if we had purchased the drinks package 📦 

There is also a spreadsheet, as I see you like a challenge 

It has a large number of Royal offerings to try

No Sippy and Tippy though 😎