Details of Celebrity's Next "Sale" Starting March 2

Many of the future cruises I have been watching I noticed that the Cabin prices have dropped an average of $200 but the Refundable rate for either Cabin only or All Included went up substantially.  I guess playing the game will get more difficult. 

Looks like I may have to book my cruises after final payments are due.

Edited by FlBarb64

17 minutes ago, FlBarb64 said:

Many of the future cruises I have been watching I noticed that the Cabin prices have dropped an average of $200 but the Refundable rate for either Cabin only or All Included went up substantially.  I guess playing the game will get more difficult. 

Looks like I may have to book my cruises after final payments are due.

This was several years ago but once I actually booked a return flight then waited till after final payment for a price drop to book the cruise.  I did have an alternate one as back up with the same dates in case my first choice was fully booked. Wouldn't make a habit of it though. 😆 

19 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Just booked Ascent for April '25.  Great pricing, snagged a middle of the aft cabin with a real balcony...counting the months!  LOL

I just checked those out. Not bad, especially if you book it with the NRD Cruise Only fare at $999. What was fascinating was if you booked an SV with a NRD at the "cruise only" fare, the upcharge was $240 pp to book it with a refundable deposit. However, if you chose to include the All Included ($85.71 pp/day) option, the upcharge was $320 pp. 🤔

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just checked those out. Not bad, especially if you book it with the NRD Cruise Only fare at $999. What was fascinating was if you booked an SV with a NRD at the "cruise only" fare, the upcharge was $240 pp to book it with a refundable deposit. However, if you chose to include the All Included ($85.71 pp/day) option, the upcharge was $320 pp. 🤔

We are on April 6th. Also grabbed the aft. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

However, if you chose to include the All Included ($85.71 pp/day) option, the upcharge was $320 pp

That's because the "discount" is reduced from 75% to 50% for refundable fares so that difference appears on the Refundable Deposit upcharge (reverse discount??).   I didn't do the math but I assume it's 25% of the difference between Cruise Only and AI added to the upcharge??

As others have said it shouldn't be this hard to understand their pricing structure.  Some of my invoices make no sense to me as far as discount line items.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's because the "discount" is reduced from 75% to 50% for refundable fares so that difference appears on the Refundable Deposit upcharge (reverse discount??).   I didn't do the math but I assume it's 25% of the difference between Cruise Only and AI added to the upcharge??

As others have said it shouldn't be this hard to understand their pricing structure.  Some of my invoices make no sense to me as far as discount line items.

I see what you're saying, and you're right, it shouldn't be this hard to understand.

Edited by Ken the cruiser