Sapphire dry dock next month?

CruiseMark

Have a great trip all! My daughter is a crew member and so glad to be out of dry dock. She doesn't have to wear safety shoes any more - gave her a great insight into the activities undertaken during dry dock. Hugely busy for 2 weeks doing duties not normally done outside dry dock - something extra to add to her CV! She also enjoyed Portland but happy to be heading to Vancouver. We are joining her for 2 weeks later in the year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parkender101 said:

Have a great trip all! My daughter is a crew member and so glad to be out of dry dock. She doesn't have to wear safety shoes any more - gave her a great insight into the activities undertaken during dry dock. Hugely busy for 2 weeks doing duties not normally done outside dry dock - something extra to add to her CV! She also enjoyed Portland but happy to be heading to Vancouver. We are joining her for 2 weeks later in the year.

So, what was done during dry dock?

TIA

• Like 1

Hope they have fixed the Swirls ice cream machine, iced tea machine and decaffeinated coffee machine in buffet. They were out for at least San Antonio to San Pedro if not from BA round the Horn as well !!

Seemed as if they couldn’t be bothered to fix them as Dry Dock was coming up.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, what was done during dry dock?

TIA

The elevating section of the Main Theatre Stage had not been working for a while - now fixed/upgraded. Lots of new carpets, painting and treatment of Hull and Upper Decks, Cabin Refurbishments including new Bathroom Doors for some reason! I'm hoping to speak to her over the next week so if anything of any interest I'll post here. WI-Fi whilst in Dry Dock was a bit intermittent due to all the work going on so haven't had chance to speak to her much for 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Parkender101 said:

The elevating section of the Main Theatre Stage had not been working for a while - now fixed/upgraded. Lots of new carpets, painting and treatment of Hull and Upper Decks, Cabin Refurbishments including new Bathroom Doors for some reason! I'm hoping to speak to her over the next week so if anything of any interest I'll post here. WI-Fi whilst in Dry Dock was a bit intermittent due to all the work going on so haven't had chance to speak to her much for 2 weeks.

Thank you. Please let us know what other updates or changes. Appreciate it.

I saw a recent YouTube review that showed a mini suite on Sapphire where they had removed the TVs that were mounted in the center storage/shelving area and replaced them with larger flatscreens mounted on the walls across from the bed and couch. Additionally, the bedside lamps had been updated with models that had USB ports in the base. Obviously, this was from before this dry dock, but it's interesting that they seemed to have been making these changes beforehand.

Edited by RedJessi
opining
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedJessi said:

I saw a recent YouTube review that showed a mini suite on Sapphire where they had removed the TVs that were mounted in the center storage/shelving area and replaced them with larger flatscreens mounted on the walls across from the bed and couch. Additionally, the bedside lamps had been updated with models that had USB ports in the base. Obviously, this was from before this dry dock, but it's interesting that they seemed to have been making these changes beforehand.

The TV was a required change for all Medallion Class ships. The old smaller TVs (and the even older CRT TVs) didn't have the connectivity (i.e. Ethernet) or interactivity required for the Medallion Class capabilities. Pretty sure this happened before the post-Covid restart.

• Like 1

Another update from daughter working as crew on Sapphire Princess - upgrades / improvements during dry dock:

New Huge HD Outdoor Screen for Movies under the Stars

Ventilation Overhaul throughout the ship

Plumbing Upgraded all over the ship

Reupholstered all furnishings

Sound Upgraded for Theatre

Automation Upgrade for Theatre - sounds like a special effects type thing

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Parkender101 said:

Another update from daughter working as crew on Sapphire Princess - upgrades / improvements during dry dock:

We were on the Sapphire Jan/Feb of this year. The MUTS screen definitely needed some help. Glad that happened!

• 9 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, Parkender101 said:

So are you saying all these things were completed in 2023?  

We will be on Sapphire in August with extended family and I was getting a little concerned when I see videos that state that the last refurbishment was in 2018.  The upholsery particularly looked very worn and dated.  Plus mattresses that were new in 2018 are not new any more!

Let me know if you can.

Thank you.

Paula

2 hours ago, dewbrock said:

So are you saying all these things were completed in 2023?  

We will be on Sapphire in August with extended family and I was getting a little concerned when I see videos that state that the last refurbishment was in 2018.  The upholsery particularly looked very worn and dated.  Plus mattresses that were new in 2018 are not new any more!

Let me know if you can.

Thank you.

Paula

We were just on the Sapphire for 30 days and the atmosphere around the ship was very nice and our mattress was very comfortable. At no time did we feel like the ship needed sprucing up. Im sure you and your extended family will have a great time!

40 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We were just on the Sapphire for 30 days and the atmosphere around the ship was very nice and our mattress was very comfortable. At no time did we feel like the ship needed sprucing up. Im sure you and your extended family will have a great time!

Thank you for the update

Hope you had a good time.

Paula

9 minutes ago, dewbrock said:

Thank you for the update

Hope you had a good time.

Paula

We had an awesome time cruising around the Antarctica Peninsula going to other SA ports down there. My Live From thread is in my expanded signature area below.