Spa massage treatments.

DGHOC

I wonder whether anyone has an idea of the reservation hours for the spa massage treatments, first appt and last?

We haven't booked them before but have a hefty sum of OBC to use up so are perusing them. If you've tried them before, were they good quality, worth doing?

Many thanks, I'd appreciate your feedback.

We have had both massages and facials onboard several times.  I have enjoyed most of them but there are differences depending on the therapist.  I had two "Northern Stillness" treatments on two different cruises.  One was delightful and the other left me wanting for more.  I had two hydrofacials on two different cruises.  The first was "okay" but the second was great.  The only spa experience that we found unpleasant was a deep tissue massage ... worked out the kinks but hurt like heck!  

Thanks Molymoo, so much depends on the therapist with massage, you're literally in their hands! 

Deep tissue massage is definitely not my thing, nor being scrubbed raw with a brush. I was thinking of the Swedish mindfulness massage, I thought it might be similar to holistic massage which I love. I want to be left needing someone to carry me back to my cabin, not red raw and bruised!

On 3/3/2023 at 9:36 AM, molymoo said:

We have had both massages and facials onboard several times.  I have enjoyed most of them but there are differences depending on the therapist.  I had two "Northern Stillness" treatments on two different cruises.  One was delightful and the other left me wanting for more.  I had two hydrofacials on two different cruises.  The first was "okay" but the second was great.  The only spa experience that we found unpleasant was a deep tissue massage ... worked out the kinks but hurt like heck!  

No pain, no gain with deep tissue 

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

Dodgy joints, tendons and muscles I'm afraid so relaxation and pampering is what I'm after as opposed to more pain!! One of my pals had a high pressure hose treatment at a spa once. Cold tiled room, with a therapist pointing what looked like a fireman's hose at her as she cowered naked in the corner. We laughed til we cried at dinner that night!

• Haha 2

On 3/3/2023 at 6:31 AM, DGHOC said:

I wonder whether anyone has an idea of the reservation hours for the spa massage treatments, first appt and last?

We haven't booked them before but have a hefty sum of OBC to use up so are perusing them. If you've tried them before, were they good quality, worth doing?

Many thanks, I'd appreciate your feedback.

I always get a Swedish massage on our cruise. As others have said, some massages are good and some are great. You must also request if you prefer a male or female massage therapist when you make your reservation. I didn't get the scalp treatment on my last massage and missed that. It feels so good. 

Also, on my last cruise, In January, slippers were missing in the lockers. I asked what happened to them and the therapist said people liked them so much they took them, so you might want to bring the slippers from your room. 

• Like 1

When I look at MVJ, I see something called a Nordic Restart which includes the scalp massage and a deep tissue massage.  Has anyone booked just a Nordic Scalp Ritual? That sounds very nice! If yes, I assume they wash and style your hair afterwards?  

15 minutes ago, DGHOC said:

It was mentioned above Millybess. It seems that it was very well received!

Thank you.  I saw that.  It seems it was included with other massages.  It sounded really nice and relaxing, so I went to MVJ to see if I could book just the scalp massage.  I don't see that listed on its own, without a deep tissue or Swedish massage.  I was just wondering if anyone has been able to book a scalp massage on its own.  

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, notjaded said:

Looked to make a massage appointment online for my wife, and all I saw were facials. Are there full-body massages offered on Viking Ocean? Nothing in MyViking. 

Thank you. 

yes, they offer different types of massages and they are wonderful. I think you can only book after your reservations open. I always get a 50 minute Swedish massage and it is so relaxing. You can also specify if you want a male or female masseuse when booking. 

5 hours ago, notjaded said:

Looked to make a massage appointment online for my wife, and all I saw were facials. Are there full-body massages offered on Viking Ocean? Nothing in MyViking. 

Thank you. 

For some reason they are not listed in MVJ which is unusual.  Maybe they'll show up soon.  If not, you should head over to the spa desk as soon as you board.  The spa can get quite busy.

2 minutes ago, millybess said:

Our reservations opened on Saturday and all that is listed is two types of facials and the Nordic Restart; no massages yet.

do a Live Chat once you are  on MVJ and they will answer your questions. 

1 minute ago, H2Otstr said:

do a Live Chat once you are  on MVJ and they will answer your questions. 

A couple of cruises ago I booked a manicure and DH booked a massage after we boarded.  When I talked to the spa person about not being able to book the manicure online, she said to just book a 50 minute massage or facial on MVJ  and then change it to a manicure once we board.  

So on Saturday, I booked 2x80 minute facials.  These will be changed to a manicure/pedicure for me and a Swedish massage for DH.  

Thanks all for the info on the massages. I did use the chat function when logged in, and the agent said that one just needs to book onboard. Very strange to offer just a part of a menu when one is trying to see menu items.

Edited by notjaded
  • Thanks 1