Miray's 3 year World Cruise, compared with Royal's 9 month one?

Miray's MV Gemini, will be doing a three year cruise, from Istanbul, Turkey. Below is the website, that has a comparison chart with Viking & Royal Caribbean's World Voyage.  Some key things I noticed, is how small the cabins were, age of the vessel (1990), "all inclusive," including all port fees and staff gratuities.  The pricing sounds amazing, possibly the best value in cruising, for a grand, exotic, journey.  Special fares, for first World Cruise, from an unknown brand.  Personally, I would get default insurance and hope for the best?

https://www.lifeatseacruises.com/pricing-and-cabins

What are your thoughts: sounds interesting, on a completely unknown experience? 

Edited by gkbiiii

23 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I think this ship, is the first Celebrity ship, in 1990.  Am I correct, it is the Horizon?

Ships previous  names
not   horizon

• 1992-1993: Crown Jewel

• 1993-1995: Cunard Crown Jewel

• 1995-2009: Superstar Gemini

• 2009-2009: Vision Star

• 2009-2016: Gemini

• 2016-2017: Celestyal Nefeli

• 2017-present: Gemini

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Close, they have increased Royals to appx what it would be if it were a full 365 days as opposed to 275

I'd love to see itinerary. Can they really hit 135 countries?

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Both charts are from link below:

https://www.lifeatseacruises.com/pricing-and-cabins

55 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd love to see itinerary. Can they really hit 135 countries?

Click on the little Google Earth icon on the lower left screen. On any screen on the above website.

Takes a few minutes to load to my 6 year old laptop but you can see all the destinations if you don't mind scrolling around all over the Earths globe. But no specific information regarding days & times.

I didn't install Google Earth on my phone but I'm guessing it works the same.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HBE4 said:

Click on the little Google Earth icon on the lower left screen. On any screen on the above website.

Takes a few minutes to load to my 6 year old laptop but you can see all the destinations if you don't mind scrolling around all over the Earths globe. But no specific information regarding days & times.

I didn't install Google Earth on my phone but I'm guessing it works the same.

Yes, I did that, thanks. Easy on phone. We have a similar map one of fellow cruisers made

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this.  

I'm not there yet.  But I remember reading an article about a woman that travelled the world renting an apartment in different places for six months at a time.  She was in Rome at the time of the article.  She didn't have a home, just a storage unit near her grandkids.  Since she didn't have a permanent home it wasn't that much more expensive that having a permanent home and taking a couple of trips a year.   I could see this cruise fitting in well with that lifestyle.  

One misleading fact, the Gemini states the number of ports/countries, etc, for the entire 3 year cruise, which you must sign up for, while stating the fare for just one year.  So, to compare apples to apples, the Gemini fare is $90k.

• Like 2