Miray's 3 year World Cruise, compared with Royal's 9 month one?

22 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I just followed the entire itinerary on Google Earth.  It's a pretty amazing itinerary.  So many, many stops.  But most importantly, it stops in both Coco Caye and Nassau, Bahamas!  😂

Seems odd she's docking in Coco Cay.

We go there twice. First and last port

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

https://miraycruises.com/life-in-ship

Seems contradictory…..scroll down to Eating and Drinking section.

Translation issue maybe, but “Useful Information About Camping”.   Camping!

Joe

4 hours ago, JoePDX said:

I stopped researching when I saw that all meals are served buffet style.

Joe

Actually probably works well on an extended voyage. As far as we know, on UWC we only have MTD available 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I predict this company will go belly up several months into the journey, if it ever leaves at all

Any thoughts about Royal's going on without any hiccups? Seems strange still a lot of cabins still available. With them splitting it into 4 cruises and now as you have said making it in to 17 smaller cruises.

I think maybe they just should have had the opening prices lower to fill the ship quickly.

Has there been any price movements since you booked on the category cabins you have booked?

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Any thoughts about Royal's going on without any hiccups? Seems strange still a lot of cabins still available. With them splitting it into 4 cruises and now as you have said making it in to 17 smaller cruises.

I think maybe they just should have had the opening prices lower to fill the ship quickly.

Has there been any price movements since you booked on the category cabins you have booked?

We will definitely have hiccups, that's why its exciting

It's my understanding they are no longer selling the full journey, but you can buy the 4 segments. They are priced about the same as the full journey, not sure if you get all the bonusrs, though. Excursions, air, gala.

They have relented somewhat and are giving a credit of $2500 if you drop the 3 strenuous excursions. Machu Pichu, Petra, and maybe Coliseum (lots of walking through Forum is my guess)

I have no idea how many cabins are left, what do you know?

No release on the 17 legs yet. Maybe April.

This is not going to be a trip they discount to fill cabins. Pretty sure the HD said the optimum passenger count is 1800, and they're not worried

2 hours ago, little britain said:

@John&LaLa have you a link to what the 17 segments are please? 

Sorry, no. Will share if I hear anything.

Segment 2 excursions drop on the 17th

But that was a WCCF for Segment 1

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Info from Travel Agent

So, what's a lot?

Now they did tell us that they blocked off 'several' inside cabins for luggage storage, and at least 3 will be converted to laundries. Not sure if they will have a section of quarantine cabins or how many are needed for guest lecturers, etc..

One thing I did find as strange is they will use the very public conference center as a storage area for 'critical' supplies. Seems a waste to use for that. It's a pretty valuable piece of real estate in my opinion 

Edited by John&LaLa

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, what's a lot?

Now they did tell us that they blocked off 'several' inside cabins for luggage storage, and at least 3 will be converted to laundries. Not sure if they will have a section of quarantine cabins or how many are needed for guest lecturers, etc..

One thing I did find as strange is they will use the very public conference center as a storage area for 'critical' supplies. Seems a waste to use for that. It's a pretty valuable piece of real estate in my opinion 

I will put it this way, availability for the full voyage may be limited but for the 4 different segments there are a lot of cabins available for all 4 of those segments.

I assume  you know they set aside cabins just for the full voyage. Now since I guess even the 4 segments aren't selling out that is probably why they are now making smaller segments out of those 4 to fill those berths. April may be the start of that.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We will definitely have hiccups, that's why its exciting

It's my understanding they are no longer selling the full journey, but you can buy the 4 segments. They are priced about the same as the full journey, not sure if you get all the bonusrs, though. Excursions, air, gala.

They have relented somewhat and are giving a credit of $2500 if you drop the 3 strenuous excursions. Machu Pichu, Petra, and maybe Coliseum (lots of walking through Forum is my guess)

I have no idea how many cabins are left, what do you know?

No release on the 17 legs yet. Maybe April.

This is not going to be a trip they discount to fill cabins. Pretty sure the HD said the optimum passenger count is 1800, and they're not worried

Full Voyage is still for sale.

Looks like a few have eaten the 16k nrd.

OS, 2 x GS and a JS now available for the full voyage

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Full Voyage is still for sale.

Looks like a few have eaten the 16k nrd.

OS, 2 x GS and a JS now available for the full voyage

I had read 2 OS's. $440k each

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I will put it this way, availability for the full voyage may be limited but for the 4 different segments there are a lot of cabins available for all 4 of those segments.

I assume  you know they set aside cabins just for the full voyage. Now since I guess even the 4 segments aren't selling out that is probably why they are now making smaller segments out of those 4 to fill those berths. April may be the start of that.

Still vague, no idea what qualifies in your mind as 'a lot'.🤔

FWIW we are 279 days out from our departure, and well over a year from the departure of some segments. Not really time for a GGG listing😉

Now I am impressed with your infatuation with this voyage😇

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only one now.  $531k

The TA who had original booking was hawking them on our FB site.

I have no idea what original cost was. I do recall their was a suite guarantee price available at one point

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The TA who had original booking was hawking them on our FB site.

I have no idea what original cost was. I do recall their was a suite guarantee price available at one point

Maybe he got Royal to allow a double name change to get around the 16k penalty which could also explain the lower price that was posted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, no. Will share if I hear anything.

Segment 2 excursions drop on the 17th

But that was a WCCF for Segment 1

Found it - and you posted it - LOL!

Has the itinerary changed yet as guessing Ukraine and St P are a no-go?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2910145-🌐serenade-ultimate-world-cruise-17-leg-breakdown/

Edited by little britain