Port shuttles to town

Cybercsp

We will be taking our first Azamara cruises on Onward in April, and I have  a few questions for which I hope I can get some help from experienced Azamara cruisers.

The first concerns port shuttles; specifically, if we dock in Villefranche (for Nice), will there be a complimentary or for-fee shuttle from the port to somewhere in Nice?

Second, we are doing a B2B and the turn-around port is Monte Carlo, Monaco.  Will those of us "in transit" be able to come and go from the ship as we wish for touring, or will we have to clear the ship as a group as one does in the US?

Finally, I thought that my Celebrity Loyalty status would no longer be recognized for Azamara perks, yet the website shows me at a Discover Plus level...which would be lovely, but I don't want to get too excited about it if it is an error.

Looking forward to our adventure and thanks in advance for your help.

22 minutes ago, Cybercsp said:

We will be taking our first Azamara cruises on Onward in April, and I have  a few questions for which I hope I can get some help from experienced Azamara cruisers.

The first concerns port shuttles; specifically, if we dock in Villefranche (for Nice), will there be a complimentary or for-fee shuttle from the port to somewhere in Nice?

Second, we are doing a B2B and the turn-around port is Monte Carlo, Monaco.  Will those of us "in transit" be able to come and go from the ship as we wish for touring, or will we have to clear the ship as a group as one does in the US?

Finally, I thought that my Celebrity Loyalty status would no longer be recognized for Azamara perks, yet the website shows me at a Discover Plus level...which would be lovely, but I don't want to get too excited about it if it is an error.

Looking forward to our adventure and thanks in advance for your help.

We did a similar itinerary last October and the good news is that Azamara will be docked in Nice so it’s easy to walk into town.

CCB644F1-D010-4F41-8E08-CE3903F8CC2F.jpeg.efb46ac01fada2b14b2d344bad52ed82.jpeg

With regards to Monaco it’s dependent on the local authorities but no doubt you will be able to come and go once formalities are completed.

Bad news unless you have cruised with Azamara before 1st February 2023 you won’t keep your Celebrity status, currently the Azamara website is still administered by Royal Caribbean but Azamara’s own website is due to go live on the 20th March.

Edited by Riocca

We did a cruise on Onward the end of October last year and the port was listed only as Nice, not Nice (Villefranche) so we did dock in Nice at the Quai du Commerce.   However, on the web I see Onward listed for both the port of Nice and for Villefranche.   I know this doesn't help you.

We were on a B2B with an overnight and turnaround in Barcelona.   We spent the first day going to Girona so we missed the B2B meeting late that afternoon, but we just had our new cards issued, I think at Guest Relations, and got off on our own the following morning (turnaround day).    

I think we will just keep our fingers crossed that we may be lucky enough to dock in Nice!  Your Barcelona experience is encouraging. We would like to be able to get off the ship in Monte Carlo fairly early in the morning to beat the crowds as we explore.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cybercsp said:

I think we will just keep our fingers crossed that we may be lucky enough to dock in Nice!  Your Barcelona experience is encouraging. We would like to be able to get off the ship in Monte Carlo fairly early in the morning to beat the crowds as we explore.  Thanks!

You'll dock in Nice. I've been there a number of times on Azamara  and have never used Villefranche. You overnight there too I think so they won't tender you. 

Phil 

Thank you all for this helpful and warm welcome to the Azamara community. We are so excited about these port-intensive itineraries!  Phil, I recall meeting you on a Celebrity ship many moons ago and am happy to see that you are still active and helpful on the boards. The more that we cruise, the more we appreciate the advantages of the smaller ships.  

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, Cybercsp said:

Second, we are doing a B2B and the turn-around port is Monte Carlo, Monaco.  Will those of us "in transit" be able to come and go from the ship

Hello, we are on the same BtB and looking forward how it works. We were on Onward last October but without stopover.

We have to change our cabins too, so maybe we will start to Monaco late