Egg Drop Challenge

MissP22

8 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's finally returned to the Enchanted. 

Unfortunately with the prices there offering lately, there aren't that many people participating. 

It's still a fun event.

We had it on Sky today as well. Not sure how many people participated but there was a pretty lively crowd watching all around the Piazza.

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's finally returned to the Enchanted. 

Unfortunately with the prices there offering lately, there aren't that many people participating. 

It's still a fun event.

you have to 'pay' to drop an egg????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

you have to 'pay' to drop an egg????

Prizes.... Of course it wouldn't surprise me if they did  charge for entering, considering the prices for eggs lately. 😄

Loved doing it on Regal in January - egg smashed but got a sympathy prize - string bag, 2 wine stoppers, 2 plastic coasters - they always called the prizes at games "LIFE CHANGING" it was fun. 

• Like 3

Just now, MissP22 said:

They check them after it's over.

I've never seen anyone cheat yet. 

So they are hard boiled?  There wouldn’t be anything left to check if they were raw, ha ha.

I just want to thank you because after I read your post, I went and made some hard-boiled eggs. I will not be dropping these anywhere, except for in my mouth.

25 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

So they are hard boiled?  There wouldn’t be anything left to check if they were raw, ha ha.

I just want to thank you because after I read your post, I went and made some hard-boiled eggs. I will not be dropping these anywhere, except for in my mouth.

They are raw, or atleast they have been in past years. Have seen some splatter pretty well.  Even with the ones inside a buch of packaging you will occasionally see them drip.  

These days less of it since many of those participating have seen them before and encase the egg in lots of protection.  Compared to the old days where people tied the egg to a home made (poorly functioning) parachute.

I signed up for the egg-drop event, but stole the egg and brought it home.  Too darn valuable to toss!

Seriously, I have used popcorn from the MUTS, some shredded paper from Guest Services, and my favorite, a costumed cartoon figure (Batman or Superman) with a parachute.  My egg has survived every egg-toss I've joined in, at least until the check at the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I signed up for the egg-drop event, but stole the egg and brought it home.  Too darn valuable to toss!

Seriously, I have used popcorn from the MUTS, some shredded paper from Guest Services, and my favorite, a costumed cartoon figure (Batman or Superman) with a parachute.  My egg has survived every egg-toss I've joined in, at least until the check at the end.

There latest instructions also say that the crowds reaction in addition to surviving the drop is considered in selecting a winner. 

7 hours ago, david63 said:

For the uninitiated - what is "Egg Drop Challenge"?

Take a raw egg, wrap it up somehow, take it upstairs in the Piazza and drop it off the balcony.  Did it survive whole?  If it did, smash the egg to prove it is raw.

• Thanks 1