Check In App issues

blueskadoo

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get my husband checked in for his solo cruise, and the app is doing something weird. When I open the app, it prompts me to put in last name, DOB and then the booking number. When I do that, I get an error message that says I need to try again later. I went ahead and checked him in online the old fashioned way, but we really love the ease of using the app. Is there an operator error I'm making here and I could correct so that it will work again? I've tried closing out the app and shutting down the phone but just keeps doing it.

Thanks everyone!

@blueskadoo

One thing that comes to mind is that I recall the app doesn't want the full DOB, but only either the month and day, or month and year.  If you try to put in the full DOB it gives an error.

Also, I've had it not accept the check-in on the app at the same time it would on the website.  You may want to check in on the website then use the app to finalize it. 

Harris

Denver, CO

24 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get my husband checked in for his solo cruise, and the app is doing something weird. When I open the app, it prompts me to put in last name, DOB and then the booking number. When I do that, I get an error message that says I need to try again later. I went ahead and checked him in online the old fashioned way, but we really love the ease of using the app.

😤😤😤😤there is nothing easy about the app.  It is really a disgrace..

When I did the check-in on the app it showed two boarding passes both in my name! I called Celebrity and they told me to deal with it at the pier. A few weeks later I looked at the boarding passes again and this time they were correct. I save them to the "wallet" app on my iPhone in case something changes again. 

Curious if you are logged into the App.    At least for me -  When I first open the App - or after signing out I first brings up a screen that says Sign In.   After signing in It opens up my next cruise and I am able to do check in -   or choose to view other reservations.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if you are logged into the App.    At least for me -  When I first open the App - or after signing out I first brings up a screen that says Sign In.   After signing in It opens up my next cruise and I am able to do check in -   or choose to view other reservations.

That’s the thing! I don’t see any place to log in. It has a white screen pop up wanting to “link my cruises”

Are you signed in as yourself but trying to check someone else in? The only way I get to that screen is if I try to add a new reservation.

I would have to say I totally disagree that the app is ‘cumbersome’ or unreliable anymore. Check-in can be completed in 30 seconds. Reservations, etc. are as simple as it could get. 

35 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I would have to say I totally disagree that the app is ‘cumbersome’ or unreliable anymore.

I'll agree that reliability of the app has vastly improved, though the data is still very unreliable. But the user interface is still terrible compared to the web interface.