Gluten-free pizza on S-class ships?

Ken the cruiser

Last cruise in October, 2022 they had gluten free pizza at the pizza station.  You have to ask for it, it’s specially made for you and takes about 15 minutes.  Not that great.   

The gf pasta with sauce and meatballs is excellent!

50 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That's great news. Now comes part 2 of the pizza question. Do they have dairy-free cheese?

I would love to know this as well. I have a gluten free and dairy free kid. She would be over the moon if they had dairy-free "cheese".

Just be aware that when you order a gf pizza there’s a risk of cross contamination as it’s made in the same area where theres a lot of flour around. My husband had one on Apex which he enjoyed but he did feel a bit ropey afterwards. It probably depends on your sensitivity levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The quality of GF pizza seems to vary from ship to ship and even on who is doing the actual making of it.  My husband usually asks for one near the beginning of the cruise to test the "enjoyability".  If it's great then he plans which days  he will get it afterwards.  If it's not great then he doesn't bother.  The pizza-maker is often up there with waiters and stewards as far as getting extra tippage at the end of the cruise.  He is very appreciative when they take the time to make a good pizza. lol   

My husband takes a digestive enzyme product called Gluten-ease.  It helps if there is cross-contamination.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AmberCascades said:

The quality of GF pizza seems to vary from ship to ship and even on who is doing the actual making of it.  My husband usually asks for one near the beginning of the cruise to test the "enjoyability".  If it's great then he plans which days  he will get it afterwards.  If it's not great then he doesn't bother.  The pizza-maker is often up there with waiters and stewards as far as getting extra tippage at the end of the cruise.  He is very appreciative when they take the time to make a good pizza. lol   

My husband takes a digestive enzyme product called Gluten-ease.  It helps if there is cross-contamination.  

My daughter also takes Gluten-Ease. It's very helpful! Thank you for your response.