Excursion Error Adding to Cart

dreaminofcruisin

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I have a cruise booked for February 2024. We have a group of people so decided we want a Cabana at Amber Cove. I know it's early, but I've never done this before and since there are a limited number of Cabanas, I figured I should book it early.

When I click on my name, click Add to Cart, it comes back with "Guests with a errors" and my name. I called Princess last week and the same thing happened to the representative on the phone. She decided it was because I'm not within 180 days of the trip. 🙄 I told her that I am sure I have booked other excursions earlier than that. She agreed that she had seen that too, but thought that was the issue. Just a side note....I did try and pick any other random excursion and same thing. I also tried picking my husband instead. Same thing.

Today I logged in and tried booking an excursion on another cruise that is more than 180 days out. It worked great. It is in 2023 though, if that matters.

By the way, I did pick "Shore Excursions" from the phone menu, so apparently this was the 'expert' on shore excursions. 😜

I guess I'll have to call back and hope I get someone else, but just thought I would throw it out to everyone and see if anyone has any other ideas or has seen this?

TIA

I know I have had to change browsers before. Sometimes it likes firefox and other times it likes microsoft edge.  Tried to book an excursion yesterday and would not accept. Went to ME and it went  right through.  Just a thought?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

It's nuts, but it works.  However  you can get it done.

Sure is nuts if changing a browser at home affected the Princess’s representative ability to book a shore excursion for a 2024 cruise.  
I suspect it is too early to book excursions for a 2024 cruise.

24 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Sure is nuts if changing a browser at home affected the Princess’s representative ability to book a shore excursion for a 2024 cruise.  
I suspect it is too early to book excursions for a 2024 cruise.

Maybe.   As it turns out, I also have a cruise booked in 2024.  Excursions have been bookable for months, so not too early to book excursions for 2024 cruises.  

• Thanks 1

When this same error came up when I was trying to book excursions that showed as available, I rang Princess and I was told that it was too early to book them and that is why I was getting the error message. The excursions became available to book about 7 months prior to the cruise and then I was able to book them with no problem.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Thanks for the ideas.

I tried Microsoft Edge (originally used Google)...same thing.

As far as the excursions not being available yet....I guess Princess was just kidding when they sent me the email last fall that said "Excursions now available".

I know. I know. Don't expect them to have a system that actually does logical things.....

🤷‍♀️

I guess I'll give it a few weeks....though based on the very funky error message, I still think it's a bug and they're thinking I am missing some kind of information somewhere. I did go look at demographic stuff, but it all looks pretty normal to me.

I get the same error too. Very frustrating. I know I’ve booked excursions much earlier than a year out in the past. As long as they are listed in the Planner I’ve been able to book in the past. 

it also won’t let me book the spa. I click on Reserve Now but then it won’t let me select a guest, and the page is full of available treatments. No error here it just won’t let me select a guest. 

But it will let me order bottles of vodka for the room. 

update, the different browser worked for the spa appt but not the excursion.

Edited by BettyCruiser
  • Thanks 1