Liberty’s Screen is Working

23 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Thank God. I was worried I wouldn't be able to watch Cheddar news or whatever the stupid channel is that they have on and plays the same 8 cat clips all week. 

Haha, yes I couldn’t figure out the reason for the screen all day, such weird stuff on it!

They did though have movies every night on it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

Do you recall which movies?

I know we walked by one night and it was "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile," which is a fairly new movie.  I believe I also saw later listings with more adult content, but I can't remember the exact titles.

23 hours ago, Qwksilver said:

We're on her in 30 days or so. Any other comments or concerns about the ship? How was your cruise?

TIA

Qwksilver

Cruise was awesome!  I thought the ship was in great shape especially considering her age.  Crew was fantastic.  The only negative was the food.  Overall it was just ok, with a few highs and a few lows.

The food didn't take away from our great weekend though.  It was a fabulous short getaway and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Liberty again.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bostoncruisegal said:

The only negative was the food.  Overall it was just ok, with a few highs and a few lows.

Would you please tell us more?  Which foods were the highs and lows, and at which venues were they?

Also, thank you for the movie information!

23 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

Would you please tell us more?  Which foods were the highs and lows, and at which venues were they?

Sure!  My notes are below - for context, we were four women traveling for a girls' getaway.  I work in Food/Beverage, so probably pickier than most - and we all eat out quite a bit.

First Day - we had lunch in the Windjammer which wasn't great but as expected.  I hate buffets, and I find cruise ship buffets so random.  Burgers next to beef stew next to pork schnitzel..  But there wasn't another option without paying for specialty dining which was disappointing on Royal.

Dinner - MDR (we only had dinners in the main dining room since it was a short cruise)

Escargot was ok - it's usually one of my favorites, and this one was lacking some flavor.  No one liked the crab cakes, it had a weird breading on it.

Entrees - we all had the Fish and LOVED it!

Desserts - each night we tried a few, and nothing ever stood out.  All good, just not stars. 

Second Day -

Breakfast in Chops (we were in a Suite) -  typical breakfast food - everything was great!

Lunch - we had chicken sandwiches and burgers from the South Beach Snack Shack, and they were very good!

Dinner - Italian Night - 

Apps - Carpaccio was under seasoned.  Polenta Fries were great.

Entrees - I had the Spiced Lamb Kofta and it was one of the best things I ate all cruise.  My friends all had the chicken parm and said it was just ok.

Third Day - we ordered room service breakfast, and it arrived an hour before we asked for it and it was cold and greasy.  Definitely a mistake on our part.

We ended up stopping in the Suite Lounge and they had a much more expanded Continental set out than we expected, so that was great.

Dinner -Caribbean Night - I had the strip steak - it was fine, and then split the chicken korma - that was excellent.  Overall the Indian selections were great- spicy and flavorful!

Also, the Pizza was very good in Sorrento's.  Every night, it had a crisp crust, hot, and not greasy, very happy with it!

• Thanks 2

On 3/7/2023 at 12:32 PM, bostoncruisegal said:

Cruise was awesome!  I thought the ship was in great shape especially considering her age.  Crew was fantastic.  The only negative was the food.  Overall it was just ok, with a few highs and a few lows.

The food didn't take away from our great weekend though.  It was a fabulous short getaway and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Liberty again.

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer.

What was the order of the new menus. That might be helpful.

Thanks