Suites Ready?

sapete

I have seen earlier topics talking about this but the information is confusing so forgive for asking again...We will be on the Dream (out of Galveston) on March 25.  We are in a suite...should we expect it to be ready when we board?  We have a arrival appointment between 10:00-10:30 and are in boarding group A02.

• Like 1

I was sent an email 3 days before our cruise telling us our suite would be ready upon boarding.  When we actually boarded we were told our suite would not be ready until 1:30. It was a little disappointing for sure. 

23 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

This subject has been clear as mud since the restart.

Carnival no longer promises anybody's staterooms will be ready when you board, unlike before the restart. Not suites nor diamonds nor FTTF.

It's a staffing issue. Carnival has cut too many stewards to guarantee it.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

This subject has been clear as mud since the restart.

I got mud😵Clear, not so much.

7 hours ago, asalligo said:

No, suites are no longer ready upon boarding and they let you know about that at check in. Ours was available at 1:30 on the Pride. You are allowed to stop in and drop off your luggage though. 

When we checked in at the port for our cruise on the Spirit, we were told our suite would be ready as soon as we boarded (we had a 10 or 10:30 arrival appointment) and lo and behold, it was ready as soon as we got on the ship and our sign and sail cards were there waiting for us. 

• Like 3

We are in a suite on the Celebration leaving 3/26. Just got an email today and this was part of the letter. I interpret it as we can go to the room and drop off stuff but we have no expectations that it is fully ready.

Once on board, you will be able to access your stateroom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mslhb said:

We are in a suite on the Celebration leaving 3/26

On my last two cruises (May and October) I was in a suite and not only had access immediately upon boarding (priority), but the sign and sail cards were ready and waiting. We were in and set for the day.

Edited by Sea Raven
Incomplete
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 1:32 PM, sapete said:

I have seen earlier topics talking about this but the information is confusing so forgive for asking again...We will be on the Dream (out of Galveston) on March 25.  We are in a suite...should we expect it to be ready when we board?  We have a arrival appointment between 10:00-10:30 and are in boarding group A02.

We just did a back to back on the Mardi Gras-first week we had a balcony and the second week a suite. Both weeks we had to wait till 1:30pm or so to gain access to our room. As has been mentioned the room stewards have 30+ rooms to tend to so definitely longer to turn over the cabins.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mslhb said:

We are in a suite on the Celebration leaving 3/26. Just got an email today and this was part of the letter. I interpret it as we can go to the room and drop off stuff but we have no expectations that it is fully ready.

That is what ours said too, and we were told when we boarded Horizon it was not ready and we could not drop bags off.  Maybe we should have went anyway, but I'm not that type of person, with no signage and someone verbally telling me no access I just waited. Which was no big deal at all.