Live from NOLA and NCL Breakaway - 3/12 thru 3/19 😀⚓️🕖☘️🍸

CTCruiser001

2 hours ago, Molokai-Chuck said:

CTCruiser001

Well you are about to finish you last day on the ship ... I would like to thank-you for

the excellent postings you have done for all of us!

Have a safe journey home!

Molokai-Chuck

Thank you! It's been a pleasure to share and have everyone tag along. I enjoy Rolex watches if anyone wants to thank me even more! Just kidding!  🤣🤣🤣

20230318_175110.thumb.jpg.fcd1310cca1c99c7c29b4f70b75626a1.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, freebirds80 said:

I am about to travel on the Breakaway 4/9. I haven't cruised since 2019. I put a considerable amount of money in NCL stock a couple of years ago thinking the cruise industry would benefit from the pent-up demand of travel, but the stock has floundered. NCL use to be a good company but I have seen/read things that give me pause. I don't see this nickel-and-diming as good for NCL long-term. If we do see a weakness in the economy people are going to flee NCL and I fear won't be back. There are so many negative reviews of NCL recently! What is going on???  I am using my next cruise to see what it's like to be on NCL these days. It will give me better insight into if I should sell and take my losses on the stock. 

Make sure you are using your stockholder benefit for your onboard credit. 

I've been on a few cruises since covid and ncl still takes the cake for me. However I am not a fan of the direction they are heading with the new ships like prima. I will stick to breakaway class ships. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, msbrookelyn said:

I've been on a few cruises since covid and ncl still takes the cake for me. However I am not a fan of the direction they are heading with the new ships like prima. I will stick to breakaway class ships. 

Absolutely! As far as OBC, we had $100 from a promo at booking, $300 from the AMEX Cruise Privileges Program and the $100 from being a shareholder. 

As for ships, we like the Jewel Class most. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Joelocal said:

Couple of questions

Was there an on board band that played on deck during the day?

How early can you get off the ship doing walk off with your bags?

The band playing on the deck is called '876 Konnect Band'...There were others performing throughout the ship, Manhattan Band, etc. Plenty of music venues to listen too. 

You can walk off with your bags as soon as the ship clears customs. Usually 7 to 8 am. 

• Like 1

Wrapping things up tonight. We are finishing the packing and decided to walk off with our bags using priority disembarkation with Omar after we finish breakfast. We are getting room service delivered so we can hopefully get our butler his tip...We'll see how that goes in the morning. Just checked my onboard account. We like to pre-pay as much as possible before boarding and use any OBC for wine and tips at specialty restaurants.  For this sailing we are disembarking with a balance of $125.08. Not bad! 

Screenshot_20230318_234922_Norwegian.thumb.jpg.a70cb71d8c72558dd135483211cf8126.jpg

• Like 2

We've already entered the mouth of the river and are passing lots of anchored barges and container ships. Lots of cool things to see on the way back into New Orleans, but we'll need to get some rest since we have a long day of traveling home to CT tomorrow. 

20230318_235615.thumb.jpg.dea68f14c650aad54054798f68a915b9.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_000107_Maps.thumb.jpg.1833473ebb826717c5707a391cc05993.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, msbrookelyn said:

Yes! Did the form a few weeks ago and received the confirmation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ValMilo2324 said:

I was on the Breakaway in November when she relocated to New Orleans and loved the Progressive Trivia. Was that offered during your cruise this time?

Not sure it was called Progressive Trivia, but they had trivia questions in the Atrium daily. 

Edited by CTCruiser001

Last morning room service breakfast delivered from the butler. We insisted that he not set up the white table cloth and all the jazz. Thanked him for assisting us this week and gave him his tip. 

I finally used the Nesspresso machine in the cabin this morning and made an Espresso.

Currently we are relaxing watching our final vacation sunrise before the hubbub of getting off ship and to the airport. 

20230319_063340.thumb.jpg.b1a93d133e0eb56b13331641d4e2922d.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Another great show with Syd Norman's Pour House Band! Don't miss these guys! 

20230318_225940.thumb.jpg.c566ca52f6d04246b483da47cbb44f90.jpg

20230318_213608.thumb.jpg.3e950bf41bb78a8ffef797e81fe7ee41.jpg

Loved this group and this entire show when I saw them.  Said it before, NCL offers the best entertainment at sea.

Sold my NCL stock at $16 and change.  I see it’s dropped some.  Might jump back in if it gets below $12.  Received a lot of OBC last year for being a stock holder.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Not sure it was called Progressive Trivia, but they had trivia questions in the Atrium daily. 

My shows are booked for our mid April cruise. Do you know if you have to pre book comedy shows, or do you just walk in. Also thank you so much for all your help. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

My shows are booked for our mid April cruise. Do you know if you have to pre book comedy shows, or do you just walk in. Also thank you so much for all your help. 

They have comedy shows in Headliners and the Theater, no reservations.  First come first serve. Headliners fills up fast!

11 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Desserts! The dinner was covered with our Latitudes status, but had a surcharge for the Surf 'n Turf - And a 20% service charge...For our convenience of course. 😆😆

20230318_191421.thumb.jpg.401f2fc0adffa7ad37386b1412d6db85.jpg

20230318_192723.thumb.jpg.d8f2d4028ea5d2f0679ab561bd1fa06f.jpg

received_237551731968380.thumb.jpeg.fcb31998f111fce601cd3bfd887ac917.jpeg

20230318_194733.thumb.jpg.b6a52de20d96374566c577de496f41af.jpg

Had that chocolate cake on Joy last summer. Simply ridiculous! 

• Like 1

Our last vacation sunrise. Beautiful! It's been amazing to witness these sun rises and sun sets this past week. 

A brisk 45 degrees f this morning in port...Hoping it warms up more before we get off the ship!

20230319_070547.thumb.jpg.c89a54a57ec63dbb9d9f1c4b98a0d845.jpg

Edited by CTCruiser001
  • Like 7

we have a 10:52 flight out of MSY when we disembark- we will walk off with our own luggage and are staying in the Haven, so we will have the concierge assist as well. I'd love your thoughts on how doable this is- are there taxis readily available? What time you got off vs. what time you got to the airport.... that kind of thing. We all have pre-check if that helps at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

we have a 10:52 flight out of MSY when we disembark- we will walk off with our own luggage and are staying in the Haven, so we will have the concierge assist as well. I'd love your thoughts on how doable this is- are there taxis readily available? What time you got off vs. what time you got to the airport.... that kind of thing. We all have pre-check if that helps at all.

We were haven with a departure date of 12 March (last week).  We were driving and parked our car at the hilton.  The issue we faced and you might too, was the train.  Those tracks you see just outside the port are used. 

We were taxing to the hilton but as we left the port, there was a long freight train. We sat for 30 minutes waiting for the train to clear the port. We would have done better walking to the Hilton since we could have used the walkways that go over the tracks.  The cabby dumped us as close as he could to the hilton but we still had to wait on the train.  We couldn't go back inside and access the Hilton walkover because the doors were locked and we didn't have hilton access cards.

IIRC, this was about 900 or there abouts.

Edited by RocketMan275