Favorite Buffet Item

shofer

2 hours ago, mil76 said:

Banger sausages.  Spent a bunch of my youth in England and this was my favorite food.  You can't really find them in AZ, much less the ones that actually taste like English bangers. I pair them up with the mashed potatoes and I'm good to go.  Now if they would just put out some mushy peas I'd be in heaven.

Have you ever tried a pea cluster? A ball of mushy peas about the size of your fist, battered and deep fried. A must (for me) with fish and chips....wow, I feel hungry now!!!

Simon

2 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Have you ever tried a pea cluster? A ball of mushy peas about the size of your fist, battered and deep fried. A must (for me) with fish and chips....wow, I feel hungry now!!!

Simon

Bangers and Mash are always a hit for me.  Don't think I've ever seen it on a cruise, though.  Also, Spotted Dick.  

Some may say that all I/we need to do is get whatever sausage is available on the buffet and Peas and mashed potatoes.  But, I don't think it is the same, though.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Bangers and Mash are always a hit for me.  Don't think I've ever seen it on a cruise, though.  Also, Spotted Dick.  

Some may say that all I/we need to do is get whatever sausage is available on the buffet and Peas and mashed potatoes.  But, I don't think it is the same, though.  

Seen on a menu in London:

Spotted Dick (It's not what you think.)

😂

On 3/12/2023 at 7:02 PM, vegascruiser1 said:

The bread with the raisins and citron in the Windjammer for breakfast. Reminds me of the Norwegian Christmas bread that my grandma made. Of course bacon, we hardly ever make it at home. 

That becomes bread pudding the next day!

On 3/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Double layer of fries on plate, two cheese burger patties on fries, burger patties covered with grilled onions, walk over to carving station, find the congealed brown gravy, slowly pour two ladles of gravy over the top, back to the burger station for a dusting of grated cheese, embarrassing walk back to table, 30 second assault by wife asking me if I want to die... and then dig into heaven on a plate. To Mr Green, eating and better are not combinable when I cruise. 

Errrr, did we just find the Canadian?

16 hours ago, mil76 said:

Banger sausages.  Spent a bunch of my youth in England and this was my favorite food.  You can't really find them in AZ, much less the ones that actually taste like English bangers. I pair them up with the mashed potatoes and I'm good to go.  Now if they would just put out some mushy peas I'd be in heaven.

Yum, bangers and mash 😋 

21 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Simon

Heading to London in a month to see my beloved CFC .  I'll be on the lookout for it.