Favorite Buffet Item

shofer

Oh my husband & son will grab a plate of mashed potatoes and have them ladle whatever stew is on the menu on top.  I swear you could make the stew out of yak & they’d eat it over those mashed potatoes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I love back bacon (what you probably call Canadian Bacon), but this pealmeal stuff with the cornbread coating sounds a little odd.  If I'm ever in southern Ontario I'll give it a try.

Although my favourite is just the good old fashioned regular strips of bacon that you are used to.  

Back bacon is smoked and peameal is the loin just rolled in cornmeal.  They sometimes have English bacon which is a lean cut of bacon and very good.  

Edited by Magicat
  • Like 1

I love when the WJ has an omelet station for breakfast.  I love my eggs in the morning...either scrambled or an omelet...and those eggs that are premade just don't cut if for me.  Way too watery.

I've never seen the bread pudding.  Honestly, I've never looked for it because I didn't know they had it. Where is it usually located?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicat said:

Back bacon is smoked and peameal is the loin just rolled in cornmeal.  They sometimes have English bacon which is a lean cut of bacon and very good.  

I am apparently on the wrong side of the country for the peameal bacon (from BC) but would love to try it.   You all have gotten me very interested. 🙂

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3018

Got this in an email today.  On RCCL I don't have a problem with any of them except 1 and 6. 

1.  I don't eat bait

6.  I don't like anybody touching my plate or food, nobody, not even family. 

At the end of the article, there is a link for how to eat healthily on a ship.  Man O man, I guess they don't get the point of a cruise.  LOL

1 hour ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I am apparently on the wrong side of the country for the peameal bacon (from BC) but would love to try it.   You all have gotten me very interested. 🙂

I usually slow roast it on the bbq then slice it up for sandwiches or just on it's own with a salad.  A nice honey mustard sauce and that is heaven on a plate.  

Breakfast is smoked salmon, onion and capers and also the delicious raisin bread.

Lunch is definitely the lamb and chicken curries, fried fish & chips and also the various bread puddings and vanilla sauce.

Dinner faves are shrimp, ceviche and also the stir fry's.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:41 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

I love when the WJ has an omelet station for breakfast.  I love my eggs in the morning...either scrambled or an omelet...and those eggs that are premade just don't cut if for me.  Way too watery.

I've never seen the bread pudding.  Honestly, I've never looked for it because I didn't know they had it. Where is it usually located?

"IF" they have bread pudding it's usually on an end station and will have a vanilla sauce next to it...usually never by the desserts...Crazy...cause to me it's dessert !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

"IF" they have bread pudding it's usually on an end station and will have a vanilla sauce next to it...usually never by the desserts...Crazy...cause to me it's dessert !!

I think it's because there's no heating element by the deserts and the pudding and sauce is kept warm.

• Like 1

My favorites are assorted cheeses and fresh fruits. I know these are simple, but I love a variety of cheeses and don't buy them much at home. I also love a having a large variety of fruits to choose from, especially ones that I don't have to cut. 

• Like 1

Banger sausages.  Spent a bunch of my youth in England and this was my favorite food.  You can't really find them in AZ, much less the ones that actually taste like English bangers. I pair them up with the mashed potatoes and I'm good to go.  Now if they would just put out some mushy peas I'd be in heaven.

• Like 1