Favorite Buffet Item

shofer

Agree with the bread pudding and vanilla sauce, but could not find it on the last cruise my sister and I were on.  Sister asked about it and was told it would be in windjammer last day, but no bread pudding found.  Very sad.  I also enjoy the waffles when fresh, with strawberry sauce and whipped cream.  Omelette station.  Salad bar.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Double layer of fries on plate, two cheese burger patties on fries, burger patties covered with grilled onions, walk over to carving station, find the congealed brown gravy, slowly pour two ladles of gravy over the top, back to the burger station for a dusting of grated cheese, embarrassing walk back to table, 30 second assault by wife asking me if I want to die... and then dig into heaven on a plate. To Mr Green, eating and better are not combinable when I cruise. 

OMG my arteries are hardening just reading that!!🤢

• Haha 2

I would always have dinner in the mdr and then head to the buffet afterwards just to look at the food. A lot of it looked really good but i was too full to eat. I think on my next cruise, i might skip the mdr and just do the WJ. 

On 3/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Mr. Green said:

Salad bar with a side of chicken or beef. It's the simple things in life that satisfy me and I'm trying to eat better. Is eating and better even a thing on a cruise????

On Embarkation Day, I love a great homemade salad topped with a small minute steak.  And some dessert too, bread pudding w/vanilla sauce. LOL.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cheesepleese said:

Smoked salmon is one of my favorite items, glad to see it still offered. We are booked for the Wonder in October and in the morning for a brekky delight I like to put a good smear of herb and garlic cream cheese on a bagel and top it with lots of smoked salmon. A good way to start the day 

Cheers.

Me too but replaced the bagel with the triangular hash brown patties!

• Like 1

I like this topic lol! 

* Bacon (because we very rarely have it at home)

* Salad (because I can fix it just the way I want it)

* Pasta dishes (because I love pasta but have to watch the carbs, so I can have just a taste of a couple different ones)

On 3/11/2023 at 9:15 PM, Cheesepleese said:

Smoked salmon is one of my favorite items, glad to see it still offered. We are booked for the Wonder in October and in the morning for a brekky delight I like to put a good smear of herb and garlic cream cheese on a bagel and top it with lots of smoked salmon. A good way to start the day 

Cheers.

Plus capers, a thick slice of onion, and tomato.   Good stuff!  

• Like 1

I miss the honey stung chicken too, but I do like the butter chicken and also the fresh pineapple as I never have the time or patience to cut it up at home.

They seem to be phasing out the boarding day Paella too which was a bit of a tradition as it meant we were 'on a cruise'.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:25 PM, 2chiefs said:

PLEASE BRING BACK THE HONEY STUNG CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!

On 3/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, lenquixote66 said:

What is that ?

Not sure how to describe it but it's the best fried chicken ever!! RCL used to serve at the Windjammer on embarkation day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vegascruiser1 said:

The bread with the raisins and citron in the Windjammer for breakfast.

I am addicted to the stuff but they've skimped on the crystal sugar topping lately.  I bring my own believe it or not.

91tTvuIvuQL._SY679_.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 8:32 AM, Ret MP said:

It's too bad that the WJ or other venues that serve breakfast, don't serve Pealmeal Bacon.  I know my Canadian friends will understand what that is.

I actually didn't and needed to google it.  Turns out I'm from the wrong part of Canada to have experienced this type of back bacon.  It sounds....interesting? 

My favourite Windjammer item is their breakfast hashbrown patties.  Yum!

Edited by Tiggerontheseas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I actually didn't and needed to google it.  Turns out I'm from the wrong part of Canada to have experienced this type of back bacon.  It sounds....interesting? 

My favourite Windjammer item is their breakfast hashbrown patties.  Yum!

It's great stuff.  Nothing like the bacon us U.S. types are used to.  

18 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It's great stuff.  Nothing like the bacon us U.S. types are used to.  

I love back bacon (what you probably call Canadian Bacon), but this pealmeal stuff with the cornbread coating sounds a little odd.  If I'm ever in southern Ontario I'll give it a try.

Although my favourite is just the good old fashioned regular strips of bacon that you are used to.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I love back bacon (what you probably call Canadian Bacon), but this pealmeal stuff with the cornbread coating sounds a little odd.  If I'm ever in southern Ontario I'll give it a try.

Although my favourite is just the good old fashioned regular strips of bacon that you are used to.  

I just did a little research into Pealmeal Bacon, just now, and am surprised to see that most sites attribute it to the Toronto area. I grew up in a superb of Montreal (Cartierville (Sp?)) and Peameal was a special treat for us on Saturday mornings.  We'd have Peameal bacon, Blood Pudding with eggs, toast & Jam, and Corn relish.  Man, now I'm hungry.   LOL

• Like 1