The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 12th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

@Sharon in AZ  Thank you for the information.  I am suspecting that it will be quite cool out there in the back of the ship.....Thank you all for the information about the museum.  Now with Holland not doing the excursion, if he and Dan want to do it on their own,  then they have my permission and blessing.

DH's vision is so bad now, that sending him anywhere these days on his own if questionable at best..  It looks like he has somehow moved the infection from his seeing eye to the eye that doesnt see.  And we have another two weeks until we see the eye doctor.  He does not use a clean Kleenex to rub one eye and then swabs the other eye.  At this rate he wont be able to see out of either eye.  And all of this behavior is because of the injury to his brain when he fell.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Sharon in AZ  Thank you for the information.  I am suspecting that it will be quite cool out there in the back of the ship.....Thank you all for the information about the museum.  Now with Holland not doing the excursion, if he and Dan want to do it on their own,  then they have my permission and blessing.

DH's vision is so bad now, that sending him anywhere these days on his own if questionable at best..  It looks like he has somehow moved the infection from his seeing eye to the eye that doesnt see.  And we have another two weeks until we see the eye doctor.  He does not use a clean Kleenex to rub one eye and then swabs the other eye.  At this rate he wont be able to see out of either eye.  And all of this behavior is because of the injury to his brain when he fell.  

Annie, I can’t like your post, but appreciate the information.  I hope your DH can get help for his eye.  Maybe a call to the doctor can get an earlier appointmanet.

Part of the area around the Seaview Bar will be under cover and at least partly out of the wind.

I like that we've gotten to know each other well enough these past few years that we can tease each other in a friendly fashion.

Lenda

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

You realize your getting old when you watch the Oscars and haven’t a clue who most of the presenters and recipients are.🤔

When The Kardashians series started on TV, I asked, "What's a kardashian?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

You realize your getting old when you watch the Oscars and haven’t a clue who most of the presenters and recipients are.🤔

I don't look at it that we're getting old,  Instead, I blame it on not going to the movies or following the goings on in Hollywood.  At least, we knew who the emcee was since we watch Jimmy Kimmel some times, and I recognized some audience members.  Boy, they are getting old though.  🤣 😉

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Good evening, 

It's been a good day with several things getting done which is good. DH is continuing to do well. Before I got there today he told the hospitalist he was ready to go home and he wanted out now! I got warned by the nurses so I talked to him about him needing to get off the IV antibiotics and to be cleared by PT and speech. Later the hospitalist came in and I let him know that DH and I had "Chatted". The hospitalist told me he told DH "We'll see what your wife says". This afternoon we got DH out of bed and he transferred to the wheelchair with assistance. We went for a walk down the halls to admire the new artwork. When we came back he wanted to sit in the arm chair. The CNA's tried to help him but they got an "I can do it myself!" and he did (with them closely monitoring. I left as he was eating - still pureed but tomorrow Speech should re-evaluate as should PT. Keeping fingers crossed he'll be able to come home in a few days and not have to go to skilled nursing! 

Have a nice evening everyone!!

Karen

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

It's been a good day with several things getting done which is good. DH is continuing to do well. Before I got there today he told the hospitalist he was ready to go home and he wanted out now! I got warned by the nurses so I talked to him about him needing to get off the IV antibiotics and to be cleared by PT and speech. Later the hospitalist came in and I let him know that DH and I had "Chatted". The hospitalist told me he told DH "We'll see what your wife says". This afternoon we got DH out of bed and he transferred to the wheelchair with assistance. We went for a walk down the halls to admire the new artwork. When we came back he wanted to sit in the arm chair. The CNA's tried to help him but they got an "I can do it myself!" and he did (with them closely monitoring. I left as he was eating - still pureed but tomorrow Speech should re-evaluate as should PT. Keeping fingers crossed he'll be able to come home in a few days and not have to go to skilled nursing! 

Karen

Praises for your news.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I don't look at it that we're getting old,  Instead, I blame it on not going to the movies or following the goings on in Hollywood.  At least, we knew who the emcee was since we watch Jimmy Kimmel some times, and I recognized some audience members.  Boy, they are getting old though.  🤣 😉

Lenda

I’m very happy getting old as the alternative is not yet on my appointment calendar.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

Karen

Karen, all the news was good today.  I hope your DH continues to improve and can go home soon instead of to skilled nursing.  Take care of yourself so you will be in good shape to take care of your DH in a few days.

7 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I’m very happy getting old as the alternative is not yet on my appointment calendar.

Bruce, not only is the alternative not on my calendar, it isn't even on the radar.  Yes, I know I am one year older today, and I don’t feel old.

Again, thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday today.  It was a quiet day, but a nice day.  I had lovely calls from the DDs, and we had nice long conversations.  DH cooked another good steak for us to split for dinner with Caesar salads and the last of the scalloped potatoes from the other day.  Of course, there was red wine and birthday cake.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Karen, all the news was good today.  I hope your DH continues to improve and can go home soon instead of to skilled nursing.  Take care of yourself so you will be in good shape to take care of your DH in a few days.

Bruce, not only is the alternative not on my calendar, it isn't even on the radar.  Yes, I know I am one year older today, and I don’t feel old.

Again, thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday today.  It was a quiet day, but a nice day.  I had lovely calls from the DDs, and we had nice long conversations.  DH cooked another good steak for us to split for dinner with Caesar salads and the last of the scalloped potatoes from the other day.  Of course, there was red wine and birthday cake.

Lenda

Lenda, A special day indeed. Once more, glad you had a joyful and memorable Happy Birthday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1