Celebrity +/- Azamara club points????

Bluebury

I hope that someone can help me, I have tried looking to find the answers but getting confused.

We have travelled with Azamara only once and that was several years ago. Travelled with Celebrity and have over 500 club points, making us Elite class. When we went on Azamara they were the same company and the points were added together. How does it work now? Do our 500 points have any value with Azamara and if so, what benefits are we likely to get, as we are looking to book Azamara for the end of the year. How do we access those benefits?

If those points do count, will any future Celebrity points be added, also will the any future Azamara points be added to our Celebrity account?

Thanks for your help and sorry if I have managed to confuse you as much as I am confused. 

Also, where on the itinerary of the cruise that we are interested in taking can I find the info for the Azamazing Trips - or have they been stopped?

Thanks again

You are probably looking at the most confusing time as Azamara untangles its IT system from Royal Caribbean, the cut off date for points earned on Celebrity and Azamara counting on both was the 1st February 2023. But as you have completed an Azamara cruise we’ll before that date your current points will be saved with Azamara giving you Discover status, equivalent to Elite on Celebrity.

Azamara’s current live website is still the old Royal Caribbean administered one but that is due to shutdown on the 16th March with Azamara’s own new website going live on the 20th March if things go to plan.

Probably best to take a print of your cruise history from either the Azamara or Celebrity website as a precaution and then waiting for the new system to go live and seeing where you stand. Your loyalty number with Azamara will stay exactly the same as your Celebrity number as it is now but you will need to create a new login on the new system. If you then need to query anything with Azamara I would leave it a couple of weeks as I’m sure there are going to be a few issues to deal with once the new system is live.

Hopefully I haven’t confused you even more, but we’re all having to work out how things are going to go with the new system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bluebury said:

I hope that someone can help me, I have tried looking to find the answers but getting confused.

We have travelled with Azamara only once and that was several years ago. Travelled with Celebrity and have over 500 club points, making us Elite class. When we went on Azamara they were the same company and the points were added together. How does it work now? Do our 500 points have any value with Azamara and if so, what benefits are we likely to get, as we are looking to book Azamara for the end of the year. How do we access those benefits?

If those points do count, will any future Celebrity points be added, also will the any future Azamara points be added to our Celebrity account?

Thanks for your help and sorry if I have managed to confuse you as much as I am confused. 

Also, where on the itinerary of the cruise that we are interested in taking can I find the info for the Azamazing Trips - or have they been stopped?

Thanks again

Hi @Bluebury

Since you have travelled once with Azamara in the past, all your points between Celebrity and Azamara are combined until Feb of this year. If you are Elite on Celebrity, you're Discoverer on Azamara.  do you have an account set in the Azamara web site?  You should be able to log in or create one and see your points.

For the future, any points you accumulate with Azamara will not be added to your Celebrity account and Vice versa.

Azamazing Evenings are back on and usually can be found under shore excursions.  You can view shore excursions for any cruises you may be interested in before you book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to add a bit more complexity, it seems that the separation date has moved to March 16. We got off a Celebrity cruise just a week ago, and the points posted to both our Celebrity and Azamara accounts. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Just to add a bit more complexity, it seems that the separation date has moved to March 16. We got off a Celebrity cruise just a week ago, and the points posted to both our Celebrity and Azamara accounts. 

Possibly because the Azamara account is a mirror of Celebrity’s there have been reports that Celebrity points are showing but not Azamara’s.

Think we will need to see how it pans out once Azamara’s website is up and running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

Possibly because the Azamara account is a mirror of Celebrity’s there have been reports that Celebrity points are showing but not Azamara’s.

Think we will need to see how it pans out once Azamara’s website is up and running.

My Azamara cruise from December shows up in my Celebrity account. 

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

My Azamara cruise from December shows up in my Celebrity account. 

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

And my Celebrity cruise from December shows on "My Azamara."

There was only one loyalty program before the split, and until the IT systems are segregated there will be only one IT system supporting that program.  That was a pragmatic approach and something I would have done had I been in their shoes.

Whether they delay application of post-Feb 1st sailings until after there are two systems (or, alternatively, back them out after) or just give anyone that sailed in this period an extra bonus, is still to be seen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

There was only one loyalty program before the split, and until the IT systems are segregated there will be only one IT system supporting that program.  That was a pragmatic approach and something I would have done had I been in their shoes.

Whether they delay application of post-Feb 1st sailings until after there are two systems (or, alternatively, back them out after) or just give anyone that sailed in this period an extra bonus, is still to be seen.

Well said!!!  - and patience is a virtue, 

In the scheme of things - something will happen - we dont know what, we cant change what happens, there are many worrying about far far more

Sorry if that is harsh but as I said elsewhere, wait until mid April and look at it all then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Well said!!!  - and patience is a virtue, 

In the scheme of things - something will happen - we dont know what, we cant change what happens, there are many worrying about far far more

Sorry if that is harsh but as I said elsewhere, wait until mid April and look at it all then.

Who's worrying?  I was just letting folks know what happened.  

• Like 1

Something not terribly important. I did a cruise in 2005 and 2007 on RCL and Celebrity. Any chance of getting points for that on my Azamara Account? I have sent them, last year and last month an email with all details however never got an answer from them.

3 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Something not terribly important. I did a cruise in 2005 and 2007 on RCL and Celebrity. Any chance of getting points for that on my Azamara Account? I have sent them, last year and last month an email with all details however never got an answer from them.

The RCL cruise will not count regardless of what happens with the Celebrity one.  RCL and Azamara never had that arrangement.

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

You would have had to have sailed with Azamara prior to Feb 1, 2023 for points to carry over. 

Thanks, we did an Azamara Baltic last year, I did send an email about this, however ,it was never answered.

37 minutes ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Thanks, we did an Azamara Baltic last year, I did send an email about this, however ,it was never answered.

Again, no one knows the answer. But my guess is that if Celebrity doesn’t add the points to your account before the split, Azamara won’t add them afterward. 

I took my first Azamara cruise last August. By a month afterwards all my points from Celebrity/Royal Carib were added so I have had the same point level  at all 3 cruise lines. If you provide proof of sailing from last year your points should carry over. It just might be after the new website before you will get anyone’s attention. Try again reaching out after April 1. 

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

By a month afterwards all my points from Celebrity/Royal Carib were added so I have had the same point level  at all 3 cruise lines.

RC is not on the same point system as Celebrity and does not share points with either Celebrity or Azamara and never did.  Do you mean that you got the reciprocal loyalty level?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My points as of this moment are the same on both Celebrity and Azamara. They carried over from Celebrity after my August 2022, my vey first cruise with  Azamara.  My next cruise on Azamara won't get added added to Celebrity due to the companies being separated although some recent cruisers since Feb 1st have stated  they had. It remains unknown if those may be taken away once the joint data base is finally separated. 

I have not  sailed on Royal Caribbean for 6 years. The point structure is different there but my status appears to be roughly equivalent.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm sure my points will show up from last cruise .

What I'm wondering about is what people are talking about the power up points ( or extra points ) that they are earning from home  

I'm signed up and subscribed. I just haven't gotten any offers  

Any info would be much appreciated 

2 hours ago, Peggyswee6 said:

I'm sure my points will show up from last cruise .

What I'm wondering about is what people are talking about the power up points ( or extra points ) that they are earning from home  

I'm signed up and subscribed. I just haven't gotten any offers  

Any info would be much appreciated 

My Azamara account (and DW's) show all the Power Up points we earned through Oct. 2022 (awarded Nov. 14).  We have earned an additional 15 points from Celebrity but I don't expect them to show up on Azamara.  [I keep participating in the Power Ups because it's easy enough, even though I don't intend to sail on Celebrity again.]  One of us usually gets the email announcing a new Power Up, but in any case I get notified thanks to the helpful folks on the Captain's Club Power Up Points thread on the Celebrity forum – click on the 'follow' link and you can get notified too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1