Best ship for a couple?

kaz828

I have not been on a RC cruise in a long time, my boyfriend has never been.
Looking for a ship for 2 adults, we are big pool people and would love a really nice indoor pool area as well if the weather is bad. Adults only areas would be nice as well. Want to make this a great experience since this is my boyfriends first cruise ! Thanks ! 

42 minutes ago, kaz828 said:

we are big pool people and would love a really nice indoor pool area as well if the weather is bad. Adults only areas would be nice as well. Want to make this a great experience since this is my boyfriends first cruise ! Thanks ! 

Hi! I just came back from the Anthem of The Seas. Their Solarium (age 16+ only) is completely indoors so if the weather is bad or too cold, you two can enjoy their pool and hot tubs. Cheers!

Or try one of the smaller Royal ships. Not too many kids, nice and intimate surroundings. Nice bars etc. We really enjoyed the Serenade in early Feb, though we enjoyed the Explorer in early Dec as well.

Edited by mac66

Too many variables to give a one size fits all couples answer. Do you like the wow of an Oasis ship with a lot to do? Do you like a quieter ship or more of a party atmosphere? Do you want a lot of specialty dining options or do you enjoy the MDR? Are you looking for an indoor pool or only enjoy outdoor pools? As I said, there are so many variables.

We loved Symphony as a couple, but we like a lot going on, even if we spend most of the sea days in the Solarium. 

1 hour ago, kaz828 said:

Looking for a ship for 2 adults, we are big pool people and would love a really nice indoor pool area as well if the weather is bad. Adults only areas would be nice as well. Want to make this a great experience since this is my boyfriends first cruise ! Thanks ! 

Well the only thing you want is a ship with a pool, and that just about covers all ships.  Just me, but you need to expand what you really want in a cruise.  Do you want the ship to be the destination, or do you want to go places, around the world? 

My husband and I are in our 50's and aren't quite ready to make the move to Celebrity yet.  

We still enjoy the feel of a ship that has both families and couples.   However, a ship with an adults only solarium is a must.  It's a calmer area for relaxing and we always have good luck finding loungers.  You have the convenience of a  bar and  the Solarium Bistro as well.  

The Anthem and the Symphony are two of our favorite ships.  The Central Park area on the Symphony is so very lovely especially in the evening.  Beautiful live plants and trees, cricket sounds and accent lighting really set the mood for this outdoor spaces bar and live music in the evening.  We also really enjoyed sitting here for early morning coffee.   

Hope this helps 🙂

I agree with the posters that suggest X.  Celebrity would be better if you want to “impress”. RCI is impressive in scale and amenities, but in terms of an upscale feel it is lacking.  It really focuses on being mainstream these days.

While there are kids on X, it’s not the level that RCI obviously has.  RCI is a family line.  It’s not marketed to couples, but it absolutely is a couple friendly and the vast majority of people cruising during times that are not holidays are couples.   It’s just not their main market these days.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:13 AM, kaz828 said:

If you’re looking for a ship with all the bells and whistles then stick with one of the newer RCI ships. Be careful as some of RCI’s ships do not have a covered solarium. If you want a more “adult” experience then look at Celebrity. We like both cruise lines but Celebrity is geared more for a laid back quieter experience.