What if the app goes down?

thefog

You don't need the app or even a phone to check in at the pier.  Everything can be done without the app.

There are two benefits.  1] the process will go slightly quicker, 2]  suites or pinnacles might get through the process quicker with shorter lines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

You don't need the app or even a phone to check in at the pier.  Everything can be done without the app.

There are two benefits.  1] the process will go slightly quicker, 2]  suites or pinnacles might get through the process quicker with shorter lines. 

I always carry a printed setsail pass. I keep it in my passport folio along with all other pertinent documents. 

• Like 4

Agree...simply use the website...that is what I do as well.  

And if the app goes down on the ship...same thing we did before cell phones happened.  Do it the old fashioned way...go to GS desk.  

I swear the population would cease to function if all cell signals were suddenly suspended.  The poor kids would be forced to talk to each other...in person!!  OMG!!   😱

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Jussabitconfused said:

I always carry a printed setsail pass. I keep it in my passport folio along with all other pertinent documents. 

Ditto to that!!  I am pretty fast with simply handing over my cropped set sail pass, along with passport, and (not that they use it any longer) Covid test all neatly tucked into a single folder.  No fumbling with the phone, standing there scrolling.  😉 

• Like 5

Several years ago, when the app first came out and they wanted you to use it for check-in, I was skeptical (and not very tech smart), so I printed my Set Sail Pass just in case I had a problem using the app at check-in. When we got inside the terminal, cell service ceased and no one could not load the app to show their digital Set Sail Pass. Fortunately, I had my printed copy and we breezed right through. Those that relied soley on the app were delayed a bit while their credentials were verified.

Bottom line - If you belong on the ship, you'll get through check-in eventually. Having everything completed and in hand, whether printed or on the app, will just make things go faster.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The original incident was in Ft. Lauderdale. We had a minor issue with it last year in Galveston. Two weeks ago in San Juan, no problem at all.

At some terminals, staff outside the building remind folks to pull up the digital pass before entering the terminal because of known reception issues inside.

• Like 1