Reflection Balconies

PDperks

We’ve never used Celebrity, but are thinking about a cruise with Reflection.

I saw a photo of a balcony, & it looked claustrophobic to me. Are all the balconies enclosed on 3 sides, with only a view straight out? Are there any that allow you to look forward or aft, as well? 

What ships have you seen how long before and which balconies did you like? Maybe if we knew that we would be able to give you advice as to what kind of balcony you might like on the different Celebrity ships. Off the bat, I would say avoid the e-class ships so called “infinite balconies” which are merely windows that can be opened.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PDperks said:

We’ve never used Celebrity, but are thinking about a cruise with Reflection.

I saw a photo of a balcony, & it looked claustrophobic to me. Are all the balconies enclosed on 3 sides, with only a view straight out? Are there any that allow you to look forward or aft, as well? 

Other than perhaps the expensive Reflection Suite, you will not find a stateroom with a balcony that gives you a view in two different directions as you described. 

The four FV cabins (Deck 7 & 8 at the front of the ship) have a balcony that looks out the side of the ship and has windows that look out over the bow. That's the closest I can think of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Are all the balconies enclosed on 3 sides, with only a view straight out?😳

arent 99% of all balconies in the world built this way ? 🤔

Yes. However, Millennium class ship's FV and Penthouse Suite balconies have views out the rear and sides (270 deg view) and match what I think the OP is looking for. 

633EE82F-F6CD-4AFC-B4C3-B926F7E0BCFD.thumb.jpeg.2741f773d9b908dd023d8fa56049b8f4.jpeg

Constellation FV balcony (8166)

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes. However, Millennium class ship's FV and Penthouse Suite balconies have views out the rear and sides (270 deg view) and match what I think the OP is looking for. 

633EE82F-F6CD-4AFC-B4C3-B926F7E0BCFD.thumb.jpeg.2741f773d9b908dd023d8fa56049b8f4.jpeg

Constellation FV balcony (8166)

That is why I wrote 99% 😉

the M class does have some of the best balconies around 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

That is why I wrote 99%

And that's why I agreed with you and pointed out the 1%. They are rare and hard to find. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were just on Reflection, and the balcony was quite nice.

I don't know of a ship that does not design balconies without considering the passengers' privacy.  Let us know if you do, as I believe many of us would rather not sail that way.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What ships have you seen how long before and which balconies did you like? Maybe if we knew that we would be able to give you advice as to what kind of balcony you might like on the different Celebrity ships. Off the bat, I would say avoid the e-class ships so called “infinite balconies” which are merely windows that can be opened.  

We’ve been on a few Princess ships. The balconies on the Caribe deck are partially covered, so you have privacy, but can pull your chairs up to the rail & have an expansive view while sitting. 

Thank you for the scoop on the “infinite balconies!”

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Has re-election been upgraded. I read it was supposed to be in Feb2023

If you are talking about being revolutionized, the answer is no, the whole program is on hold until Celebrity has some cash reserves. Last year white at a regular maintenance dry docking she did receive the blue hull painting. She still has no retreat deck or lounge upgrades.

4 minutes ago, PDperks said:

We’ve been on a few Princess ships. The balconies on the Caribe deck are partially covered, so you have privacy, but can pull your chairs up to the rail & have an expansive view while sitting. 

Thank you for the scoop on the “infinite balconies!”

On the S class ships the side balconies on the 12 the deck are more covered by the lido deck overhang above it. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PDperks said:

Terrydxt, thank you so much for the photos - that helps tremendously! 
The photo that I saw before made it look like passengers were in a deep box, with one side open. 

I got those pictures from a great website we use when looking at cabins to book. Cruise Deck Plan Database and Pictures (cruisedeckplans.com)

This website has pictures of many cabins and other ship venues on most cruise ships submitted by people who are members of the site. I think a lifetime membership is only about $35

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PDperks said:

The photo that I saw before made it look like passengers were in a deep box, with one side open. 

Here is another picture of the standard balcony from the cabin. BTW we were on the Reflection last year from Rome and loved the ship and crew.

84422-1464666038.webp

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, PDperks said:

If you do not like the tunnel effect from a deep balcony, you will want to stay away from the balconies on the slanted sides of the mid-ship hump.  Although it is not shown that way on the deck plan, those balconies are known for being very deep.

image.png.96d52ae22b5c98d4d0bd42e66b144848.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If you do not like the tunnel effect from a deep balcony, you will want to stay away from the balconies on the slanted sides of the mid-ship hump.  Although it is not shown that way on the deck plan, those balconies are known for being very deep.

image.png.96d52ae22b5c98d4d0bd42e66b144848.png

We were in 1075 on Reflection in January:

image.thumb.png.7b0ec31ee94bbbe2dd76c3a88dfc12c2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dv70 said:

We were in 1075 on Reflection in January:

image.thumb.png.7b0ec31ee94bbbe2dd76c3a88dfc12c2.png

Thank you! We booked this exact cabin for our upcoming cruise! @dv70 Any pros or cons about this specific cabin? Is that a fog horn in the balcony?? Yikes. (Was under a fog horn on a RC cruise in September. Did not get any sleep one night when it went off for hours at 3 am.)

Edited by BazingAu

We enjoyed it. The balcony is enormous, though somewhat cave-like if that's a concern (not for us). Excellent view aft, reasonable view forward. No noise or other issues. Close to the forward elevators. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1