Extra gratuities in specialty restaurants

On 3/14/2023 at 5:18 PM, 7680 said:

We are a family of 4 and two companions, traveling on Wonder, 4/20/23. We purchased the unlimited specialty dining package. What should hubby and I be providing for a group of 6 at each meal? I realize it’s not necessary to leave extra, but these people work so hard and I have been in the service industry in the past. Thanks!

NOTHING MORE. Gratuities are at an all-time HIGH. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

This is the goofiness of these tipping threads.  There was one a while back where someone essentially questioned the "morality" of locking in the existing DSC shortly before an increase was implemented...

Yes, funny how people do all this extra tipping but rush to beat a $1.50 per day increase.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, QueSeraSera said:

Our first RCL cruise in a couple weeks.  The built in 18% seems like a decent tip to us; hoping to hear more on this topic.

I buy the UDP and it works out to $20 a meal, which is only $3.67 a person. I round up the tip to what it would be if I was paying full price.  We also get a few glasses of our D+benefits and that has no tip added, so we put down more for that

6 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Likely a stupid question.

We've honestly always been perfectly fine with the free food options on the ships, but this fall we got a killer deal on a star class suite on Allure. Obviously this includes the UDP. We also don't carry cash at all on the ship, as you can always add a tip to a drink receipt, even when using the vouchers. So the question, everyone keeps saying they "leave" x in tips, which to me reads that they plop down cash. Are you presented with a receipt that you can add a tip to? 

Yes