DAIRY SUBSTITUTES - COFFEE BAR - CARIBBEAN PRINCESS?

Froufie

Hoping some experienced Princess cruisers can advise re availability of dairy options onboard the Caribbean Princess?  I am wondering about availability of oat milk or creamer (at coffee shops)?  (I believe I have read soy/almond milk available, but unfortunately I can't have those).  Is lactose free milk or cream available? (for the fancy coffee drinks?)

How about on the buffet or in the dining rooms?

Any details greatly appreciated!  Thanks 🙂

12 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Hoping some experienced Princess cruisers can advise re availability of dairy options onboard the Caribbean Princess?  I am wondering about availability of oat milk or creamer (at coffee shops)?  (I believe I have read soy/almond milk available, but unfortunately I can't have those).  Is lactose free milk or cream available? (for the fancy coffee drinks?)

How about on the buffet or in the dining rooms?

Any details greatly appreciated!  Thanks 🙂

You won't know until you cruise is here.  

At the international cafe, availability of non-dairy milks always varies due to what they can get, and what they run out of, etc, what is available at the beginning of the cruise may not necessarily be available for the duration. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

There’s a fridge in your cabin.  I don’t know if you’re allowed to bring your own milk on board.  I do it in hotels.

I can and will bring a couple of small tetra paks of oat milk (for in cabin morning cereal perhaps?) - but I was hoping to get a fancy coffee drink at the coffee bars with oat milk if possible???  

16 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When is your cruise?  You should send an email to the dietary department.  

Would love to ask them about availability of oatmilk? Where can I find this email please?

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

Would love to ask them about availability of oatmilk? Where can I find this email please?

When you send your email make sure you list your name, phone number, ship name, the dates of your cruise, Booking number, your allergy or special diet and let them know your special requests.  Make sure you also list your allergies or special diet in the Medallion application.  Here you go…

2E557E4D-0237-45FA-9276-F317D373EAF9.jpeg

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

I can and will bring a couple of small tetra paks of oat milk (for in cabin morning cereal perhaps?) - but I was hoping to get a fancy coffee drink at the coffee bars with oat milk if possible???  

The fridge doesn’t get very cold so you may want to bring some shelf stable plant milk if you are able to.  

Choose the cruise, Manage This Booking, Check-In, choose which guest, Dietary Requests, enter email, Dietary Restriction for (pull down name) check Food Allergy, in the box I said “Lactose Intolerance. Please have lactose free milk for cereal and coffee. Also, no butter, margarine. Thanks.” 

On my last cruise I didn’t say that until I was in dining room so no lactose free milk. Every night dining room manager came to me with next evening menu and I chose what I wanted and they prepared lactose free. In the buffet I just walked in circles and didn’t eat anything. 

For my next cruise is in April I already specified Lactose Intolerance. And received an email stating such which showed up on my Travel Summary. The key is to keep eating in same dining room so they get to know you. Hoping for dairy free cocktails. I love a Dirty Banana cocktail so for that, I’ll take 3 Lactaid pills as I take my first swallow (worth it)!

*Also, on the Medallion app, go to Dining, Save, click Dairy Intolerance. 

Good luck and keep cruising! Have fun my friend 😋

15 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

Choose the cruise, Manage This Booking, Check-In, choose which guest, Dietary Requests, enter email, Dietary Restriction for (pull down name) check Food Allergy, in the box I said “Lactose Intolerance. Please have lactose free milk for cereal and coffee. Also, no butter, margarine. Thanks.” 

On my last cruise I didn’t say that until I was in dining room so no lactose free milk. Every night dining room manager came to me with next evening menu and I chose what I wanted and they prepared lactose free. In the buffet I just walked in circles and didn’t eat anything. 

For my next cruise is in April I already specified Lactose Intolerance. And received an email stating such which showed up on my Travel Summary. The key is to keep eating in same dining room so they get to know you. Hoping for dairy free cocktails. I love a Dirty Banana cocktail so for that, I’ll take 3 Lactaid pills as I take my first swallow (worth it)!

*Also, on the Medallion app, go to Dining, Save, click Dairy Intolerance. 

Good luck and keep cruising! Have fun my friend 😋

My first time in the buffet, I pointed to a dish and asked the server if there was any dairy in it. He went into the kitchen and brought out a cook (a guy with a tall white hat anyway) who pointed out what I could safely eat and what I could not. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When you send your email make sure you list your name, phone number, ship name, the dates of your cruise, Booking number, your allergy or special diet and let them know your special requests.  Make sure you also list your allergies or special diet in the Medallion application.  Here you go…

2E557E4D-0237-45FA-9276-F317D373EAF9.jpeg

@Froufie did you see my response to you?  

• Like 1