From Yacht Club back to Bella! Is there any going back?! Live review MSC Virtuosa 17-24th March.

ConnieTact

Last nights silent disco was great fun! I had to go solo as Mr CT not feeling great so rested.all very fun though, great tunes, fab dancing and lots of people singing, loudly, out of tune and to complete the chaos different songs all at once!

I loved it! 

3F5C1FBC-D7B9-476D-B24A-450D2F6A059B.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Last nights silent disco was great fun! I had to go solo as Mr CT not feeling great so rested.all very fun though, great tunes, fab dancing and lots of people singing, loudly, out of tune and to complete the chaos different songs all at once!

I loved it! 

My favourite night😁.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

I loved it! 

Did you go to it on Grandiosa ?  lots of folks singing songs loudly,  different songs in foreign languages so I couldn't even join in  🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Please! Tell me it isn’t true!! 🤪 no champagne on premium package?! That’s awful! 😅

The limit for the premium extra drink package increases to €14 from the summer, so champagne still included 🙂

6 hours ago, kernow said:

Thanks for the info, hopefully for the summer sailings from Southampton things will change with the limit upping to £14 and we'll be able to just pay the difference for anything more expensive.

It just doesn't make financial sense, at any level, for MSC to change their business model in relation to charging for drinks above the thresholds. I'll be astounded if they do so! 😉

13 minutes ago, hamrag said:

It just doesn't make financial sense, at any level, for MSC to change their business model in relation to charging for drinks above the thresholds. I'll be astounded if they do so! 😉

G, a poster on WE has stated that they had managed to pay just the difference to purchase a drink outside of their package:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2924945-live-from-the-world-europa-boarded-in-abudhabi/#comments

We were told in advance that if you spent over 13 Euros on any one drink you would be charged the full price of the drink…not the difference between the two.   We learned that starting with this cruise, you now pay only the difference.  In this case, 1 euro.

10 hours ago, hamrag said:

I actually think they would make more money if they changed. I quite often like the sound of one of the signature cocktails priced at 1 euro/ pound above the package limit. If I only had to pay the difference I'd try it but as I have to pay the whole price I just stick with something included in the package. I think a lot of people would do the same.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hamrag said:

It is a major criticism of the MSC packages some of the high profile influencers are very vocal on this.

Although the UK promotions get the premium the others often only get the easy+ 

By charging the difference there is likely to be more revenue opportunities and removes one reason not to book with MSC.

It's going to take a while for the current changes to filter through and settle down. 

They adapted for the UK market by including daily gratuities/service in the booking price and when home port Southampton(GBP on board) no item service for food and drinks the price you see is the price you pay.

That brought them in line with a major competitor P&O.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

It is a major criticism of the MSC packages some of the high profile influencers are very vocal on this.

Although the UK promotions get the premium the others often only get the easy+ 

By charging the difference there is likely to be more revenue opportunities and removes one reason not to book with MSC.

It's going to take a while for the current changes to filter through and settle down. 

They adapted for the UK market by including daily gratuities/service in the booking price and when home port Southampton(GBP on board) no item service for food and drinks the price you see is the price you pay.

That brought them in line with a major competitor P&O.

So in effect, as we already have the premium plus package and other perks in U.K. such as no gratuities, we are not offered the same ‘pay the difference’ deal? That

makes sense really, I like what we have.I think we like to know what we are going to be paying and are comfortable with that.

39 minutes ago, kernow said:

I actually think they would make more money if they changed. I quite often like the sound of one of the signature cocktails priced at 1 euro/ pound above the package limit. If I only had to pay the difference I'd try it but as I have to pay the whole price I just stick with something included in the package. I think a lot of people would do the same.

I did just that last night. Asked about more expensive champagne but faced with the full price plus 15% service charge I decided to stick with the Black Label! 

• Like 1

Mr CT not up to restaurant last night so we got a quick bite to eat in the buffet. No champagne offer there though just Prosecco from plastic wine glass. Oh maybe I missed YC restaurant last night! As we could go there any time but with Bella a strict time to eat. 

DC7212CE-8DEA-4E1C-B7DB-623B3432027E.jpeg

A4769C62-E059-4B64-ACDD-A246CBBEC78F.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

So in effect, as we already have the premium plus package and other perks in U.K. such as no gratuities, we are not offered the same ‘pay the difference’ deal? That

makes sense really, I like what we have.I think we like to know what we are going to be paying and are comfortable with that.

Virtuosa is late with the changes.
I was told they are waiting for the currency/home port change in April which makes sense as it reduces the cost of changing everything twice in just a few weeks 

Did I forget to mention- I was dancing in my slippers last night- rocking that comfy look eh?! 😅😂

I met some great people last night and we had great conversations and lots of laughs. It even revived Mr CT or was that the wine?! 😜

4E1F8EFD-7BC6-4BE3-90D2-DAEBBBF125BB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find when not in YC we make a bigger effort to do stuff around our bella dining time.

Last YC I forced myself to go to Horizon bar for a drink to get away from the forward section where most of the stuff happens far too easy to just stick to YC, masters, TV, Virtuosa.

• Like 1

Again, loving the balcony more for the view as it’s too cold to stay out there for long. Here is the view today. My CT sleeping off last night so we’ll get up for lunch soon! Depending on how he feels we may stay on ship or venture out for a while. We’ve been to Rotterdam before so I don’t feel we are missing out as it’s very overcast and cold today. 

A0EE019A-8BC2-44FE-9316-FBC8A54CF2CE.jpeg

6A100E42-CDDF-48FD-B7DB-A43088E92176.jpeg

41F47E25-17C2-48E9-9726-DCEE8EF89742.jpeg

1D5164E3-A518-45D2-8D4E-6D3F265C85C1.jpeg

• Like 1

Lunch in Minuetto - I tried red snapper for first time. Tasty but overly salted and pumpkin soup the same - too salty. I would prefer black pepper instead and healthier too. I do sometimes get swollen ankles on cruises and I’m convinced it’s the extra salt. I use sparingly at home preferring herbs or peppers to flavour food.

I think I missed YC food today and the service too. We had to wait ages for a change of dish for Mr CT and I had finished my dish before his arrived. 
White jacket managers nowhere to be seen in our area. Nor did they thank us or say goodbye- what a surly lot they are! 😜

0EF0FF8A-4735-4CEC-A013-BDBB5D34A694.jpeg

63F5612E-8CFD-419D-964B-2D45E085A4EE.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact
Spello

Staying on the ship as all aboard is 4.30 and it just after 2 now. MrCT wants to take it easy (with the hope he’ll revive again tonight!)

do for now it’s just us Robbie the Robot & a German YouTube vlogger behind us streaming his wisdom! 😊

12648E2E-02F1-4FAA-BF7B-E97C6516CDB0.jpeg

Edited by ConnieTact

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

G, a poster on WE has stated that they had managed to pay just the difference to purchase a drink outside of their package:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2924945-live-from-the-world-europa-boarded-in-abudhabi/#comments

We were told in advance that if you spent over 13 Euros on any one drink you would be charged the full price of the drink…not the difference between the two.   We learned that starting with this cruise, you now pay only the difference.  In this case, 1 euro.

3 hours ago, kernow said:

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

None of these comments convince me it's going to change, perfectly happy to be proved wrong in due course. For the moment there is no consistency being applied as CT reports it's full price above the threshold.

For me, no so called influencers (high profile or otherwise) would create the slightest ripple in the MSC pond. My belief is that the ships who are applying price difference of $1/euro are only doing so to avert any flak around the is it 13 or is it 14 limit argument.

Time will tell.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, hamrag said:

None of these comments convince me it's going to change, perfectly happy to be proved wrong in due course. For the moment there is no consistency being applied as CT reports it's full price above the threshold.

For me, no so called influencers (high profile or otherwise) would create the slightest ripple in the MSC pond. My belief is that the ships who are applying price difference of $1/euro are only doing so to avert any flak around the is it 13 or is it 14 limit argument.

Time will tell.

Okay! I have managed to track down an answer! Hot off the press - here it is!

I spoke to Guest Services and was told I could not speak directly to Bar manager on the phone, but as I had my question prepared they called them for me. 
They asked if there will be any change to the present requirement, to pay for the whole drink with tax, if it was outside the package the guest had. The answer is no! Even after the ship comes back to U.K. from Germany, it will keep the present policy of you need to pay the full price of the more expensive drink.

As previously stated there will be a change to the packages on offer though.

Yes, it is disappointing but as Hamrag said, it doesn’t make financial sense for MSC.

Obviously, we do not pay service charges, have kettles in our rooms and other wonderful U.K. perks so I remain happy with the present offering. Even if I did fancy trying that Moet and Chandon number!

For now though, it’s tea and cake in the Horizon bar! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How does Horizon bar compare with YC afternoon tea service? No comparison! YC is the 5 star experience and this is more like a stop in a bust airport lounge!  Our table not wiped down and stained from last customer. I asked for cake and the server looked at me shocked to think I wasn’t going up to get my own! 😅

I just asked for another tea but table still stained and not wiped again!

The bar is very crowded and not many seats available. We have all the announcements on- yet another drill-I’m not sure we suffered that in YC! 
Nothing like the treat we would get in YC so I admit I am missing that element right now. 7CEE9D3B-E459-47EC-857F-A2666DFD8656.thumb.jpeg.03cf5ff5dc6de9c4b588564f45a41eb3.jpeg

• Like 1