Contact from Suite Concierge prior to sailing?

Tom-n-Cheryl

We've experienced this prior to our sailings on NCL, Celebrity, and Royal - when in a certain level suite or higher.

We booked a Neptune suite on the Rotterdam for later this year and I was wondering if they reach out to you prior to sailing to inquire about your preferences (desired drinks in the mini-bar, pillow preferences, dining reservations, etc).

THANKS

27 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We've experienced this prior to our sailings on NCL, Celebrity, and Royal - when in a certain level suite or higher.

We booked a Neptune suite on the Rotterdam for later this year and I was wondering if they reach out to you prior to sailing to inquire about your preferences (desired drinks in the mini-bar, pillow preferences, dining reservations, etc).

THANKS

No pre cruise contact.

Have enjoyed the Neptune Suite in the past and will be in one on our cruise next week. The Neptune Lounge staff have been a great help once on board but not till then. 

The room steward will handle mini bar pillows etc. 

MDR dinning reservations are usually selected at time of booking, but I have had them change ours in the past.

Specialty dinning reservations can be booked online prior to sailing, but they will also help with any changes or problems you might encounter.

Tom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

THANKS

We are also in a Neptune Suite on the Rotterdam; we are going in May. Just repeating what Dutchman48 said: I was in a Neptune in September, and the Concierge was able to take care of just about anything as well as answer any questions. No contact beforehand, but things were easily resolved.

• Thanks 2

When should I expect to see specialty dining reservations open up? I just checked and, for our November sailing, it indicates:

These items are unavailable for booking at this time. Please check back later.

I can't tell you the last time we had dinner in the MDR - we tend to go the specialty route. Watching/reading some reviews, and looking forward to trying new places/dishes ! We really enjoyed Rudi's on the Mardi Gras (dining there perhaps 10 times over 3 sailings), so that's definitely on our list! 

Tom

1 minute ago, highfields said:

A Neptune Suite on Holland America gets you a larger cabin and complementary laundry. Adjust your expectations with comparisons to NCI, MSC and Celebrity suites.

Thanks. Yep, we were pretty much aware of that before we booked (sort of like, what does a suite on Carnival get you?) Which was one reasons we haven't booked Holland America over the last several years. But, just looking to expand our horizons at this point! They have some nice itineraries 

Tom

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Aligned w/others there will be no contact prior to sailing but concierge lounge along w/cabin stewards  will swiftly address anything you need.

Breakfast in Pinnacle is a nice perk of being in a Neptune suite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

I board the ship with a written list of everything I want or need and give the list to the concierge immediately upon boarding.  It is always handled quickly and well. 

I do the same - like to get it out of the way ASAP plus having it in writing helps the communication.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruisinNana said:

I board the ship with a written list of everything I want or need and give the list to the concierge immediately upon boarding.  It is always handled quickly and well. 

Curious about the things you list that you want/need, unless it's private/sensitive?

-gregma

4 hours ago, gregma60 said:

Curious about the things you list that you want/need, unless it's private/sensitive?

-gregma

Not private!  The last cabin two cabins I was in were  Pinnacle Suites so my list was lengthy in that most things I requested were for the pantry/refrigerator. But I have been in Neptunes often. My list includes specialty dinner reservations with times and dates, exchanging complimentary sparkling wine for cokes and diet cokes, upgrading internet plan, requesting newspaper (sheet) sent to cabin but that was pre-App which is where the news is now I’m guessing, a print-out of my account sent to cabin daily, is what I recall.  There may be more but can’t think right now. 

20 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

Not private!  The last cabin two cabins I was in were  Pinnacle Suites so my list was lengthy in that most things I requested were for the pantry/refrigerator. But I have been in Neptunes often. My list includes specialty dinner reservations with times and dates, exchanging complimentary sparkling wine for cokes and diet cokes, upgrading internet plan, requesting newspaper (sheet) sent to cabin but that was pre-App which is where the news is now I’m guessing, a print-out of my account sent to cabin daily, is what I recall.  There may be more but can’t think right now. 

Thank you!

That's one thing I still don't quite have down in the neptune suite.  What is complementary and what is not as far as the pantry/fridge goes.  The account print out is a great idea to add!

-gregma

Sorry that I misled you.  The pantry/kitchen is only in a Pinnacle Suite.  You will have a small fridge in the Neptune and the last time I was in one was preCovid and I don't remember if it is stocked.  But if it is stocked, it will not be complimentary.  Maybe someone else can tell you what is complimentary in a Neptune as things have probably changed since I have been in one.  

Items in the mini fridge are not complimentary; however, drinks (including alcohol) are complimentary in the Concierge Lounge, so you get what you want there. We get drinks from the lounge to replace what we take from the mini fridge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

drinks (including alcohol) are complimentary in the Concierge Lounge, so you get what you want there. We get drinks from the lounge to replace what we take from the mini fridge.

Have you had recent experience with alcohol being complimentary in the Neptune Lounge?  From what I have seen posted here, the complimentary alcohol is/was only on a trial basis on one ship.  Has it been implemented on all ships?  Anyone on board now know?

Cruise Ship Rooms - Suites & Staterooms | Holland America

Thanks!

`Nancy

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Items in the mini fridge are not complimentary; however, drinks (including alcohol) are complimentary in the Concierge Lounge, so you get what you want there. We get drinks from the lounge to replace what we take from the mini fridge.

I had assumed they were - I'm guessing there's a small sign somewhere indicating the cost of the various items?

Tom

8 hours ago, oakridger said:

Have you had recent experience with alcohol being complimentary in the Neptune Lounge?  From what I have seen posted here, the complimentary alcohol is/was only on a trial basis on one ship.  Has it been implemented on all ships?  Anyone on board now know?

Thanks!

`Nancy

They were not complimentary on the NS last week (if you wanted an alcoholic beverage, you signed for it with your cabin number and then billed). As for the PS, soft drinks and water in the fridge were complimentary, however, the alcoholic beverages were not.  

15 hours ago, CruisinNana said:

Sorry that I misled you.  The pantry/kitchen is only in a Pinnacle Suite.  You will have a small fridge in the Neptune and the last time I was in one was preCovid and I don't remember if it is stocked.  But if it is stocked, it will not be complimentary.  Maybe someone else can tell you what is complimentary in a Neptune as things have probably changed since I have been in one.  

Aha!  No worries at all, good to know for sure.  Since this is my first cruise, I'm still learning a LOT.

-gregma

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good to know!  I'll have the steward remove all of that from the mini-fridge then.  Going to have to bring some things to fill up and keep in there then.  Bottles or something.

-gregma

14 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I had assumed they were - I'm guessing there's a small sign somewhere indicating the cost of the various items?

Tom

Yes - there will be a tray w/glasses, corkscrew, ice bucket, bottled water and small bottle of wine somewhere near the mini fridge. There will be a card hanging on one of the bottles that lists the mini bar item costs.

To make room in the fridge for items you want chilled, you can remove (or have steward remove) the pre-stocked items and put them back at end of cruise.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, oakridger said:

Thanks!

`Nancy

It was pre-covid last time we were in a Neptune suite, so things verge would have changed. Apologies, I should have mentioned that. Crew in the Neptune Lounge will guide you on what is/is not included. While that doesn't help planning, it is good to check with them as things do vary ship to ship (even though published policy may not).

17 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes - there will be a tray w/glasses, corkscrew, ice bucket, bottled water and small bottle of wine somewhere near the mini fridge. ...

Speaking of wine - does HAL permit you to bring on two bottles for consumption in your cabin (w/o charge or corkage fee)?

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Speaking of wine - does HAL permit you to bring on two bottles for consumption in your cabin (w/o charge or corkage fee)?

Tom

You are allowed to bring a 'reasonable amount' of wine, for use anywhere on the ship. There is a corkage fee of $20 per bottle, regardless of where it is consumed. 
This is for passengers age 21 or over, for 750 ml bottles. There is no more 'corkage free' wine for in-cabin consumption only. 

• Thanks 1