Marina 11023 vs 11014 or 11016

Sujormik

Hi there. We are booked into 11023 on Marina, which I thought was underneath the 12th deck Art Loft and would be mostly quiet in the early mornings/late nights.  As I look now, it seams we may actually be under the 12th deck restrooms, not the Art Loft.  Will these be used frequently and be noisy (running water from flushing for example) in early morning/late nights? Another available room on 11 is 14 or 15…they’re a bit forward but have suites above them instead of public spaces.  Should we reconsider our room to take this into account? We’ve not done many cruises and I don’t really know how to judge being forward or aft, just don’t want to be disturbed by noise if we can avoid it.

I truly appreciate your insights.  New to O and so far folks have been very friendly and helpful!  Thanks for that.

I looked and 11014 and 11016 are under the Culinary Center.  There might be a little noise on the days there are Culinary Classes for set up but I would not expect it to be noisy. You also mentioned 15 and that would be under the Artists Loft which would be quieter, even if there is more activity in the Loft. 
Under the 12th floor Restrooms, I know I was on 11021 on Riviera and it was not noisy at all. No guess about 11023. If I were to take a gamble, I guess I would go for 11016 or if 11015 was an option, take that PH. We always like to be sailing into a port with the land out our balcony so we can see what’s coming and take some photos. So if this is of interest to you use Port or Starboard as a decision point. 

If you are concerned about noise and or motion, and want a PH, you should book mid ship on  deck 10 where you will have staterooms above and below you. 
Enjoy your cruise,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I think that from looking at the Marina deck plans that 11023 is right outside the elevators. I would think that these will be much noisier than being over the Rest rooms or Artist Loft. If I was choosing, I would go with 11014 or 11015.

Happy sailing :)

I booked Vista and had to take a PH1, cabin/suite 11063. Almost all the PH2’s and 3’s were already booked. I was “assured” that the cabins are totally soundproof, which I knew was not true; however, I will keep looking for a larger balcony or different stateroom.  It looks to be under a restroom, and by the elevators.  Anyway, as a newbie, lots of concerns here too like the OP.

Edited by Lastdance

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I booked Vista and had to take a PH1, cabin/suite 11163. Almost all the PH2’s and 3’s were already booked. I was “assured” that the cabins are totally soundproof, which I knew was not true;

How do you know it is not true?

No one has been on VISTA yet

That said  on the O class ships  the location near the elevators in not really a problem  for noise unless there is a group of loud people getting off the elevators

Being over/under  the Theater  on the R ships  you will hear noise

toilets systems on all ships we have sailed  is  a problem  with  noise  no matter  where your cabin is

JMO

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

How do you know it is not true?

No one has been on VISTA yet

That said  on the O class ships  the location near the elevators in not really a problem  for noise unless there is a group of loud people getting off the elevators

Being over/under  the Theater  on the R ships  you will hear noise

toilets systems on all ships we have sailed  is  a problem  with  noise  no matter  where your cabin is

JMO

Exactly, but I have tried to always cruise with a cabin above and below without any issues.  The one time I didn’t was the last time for me, but thanks for sharing information.  I certainly hope it is true!

Edited by Lastdance

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I booked Vista and had to take a PH1, cabin/suite 11163. Almost all the PH2’s and 3’s were already booked. I was “assured” that the cabins are totally soundproof, which I knew was not true; however, I will keep looking for a larger balcony or different stateroom.  It looks to be under a restroom, and by the elevators.  Anyway, as a newbie, lots of concerns here too like the OP.

We have stayed in cabins very near on both Riviera nd O ships and love the location - never heard any noise from the elevators (Oceania guest do not party going into or out of elevators) and under the restroom for Terrace so no noise from above

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Exactly, but I have tried to always cruise with a cabin above and below without any issues.  The one time I didn’t was the last time for me, but thanks for sharing information.  I certainly hope it is true!

Maybe keep checking for  a PH on deck 7 or 10  

• Thanks 1

My first Oceania cruise was on Riveria and it was a GTY Penthouse. We got the assignment about 5 days before sailing. It was the cabin directly across from the entrance to the area with the stairs and elevators so I thought, Oh Well. We never heard the first sound from that area and it was great to get off an elevator and just walk straight to our door. Julia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jwindham said:

My first Oceania cruise was on Riveria and it was a GTY Penthouse. We got the assignment about 5 days before sailing. It was the cabin directly across from the entrance to the area with the stairs and elevators so I thought, Oh Well. We never heard the first sound from that area and it was great to get off an elevator and just walk straight to our door. Julia

This is what many of us try to tell people every time this question is asked. It's really a non issue having a room close to the elevators or stairs. 

On 4/3/2023 at 7:56 PM, Blueponies said:

Hi there. I think that from looking at the Marina deck plans that 11023 is right outside the elevators. I would think that these will be much noisier than being over the Rest rooms or Artist Loft. If I was choosing, I would go with 11014 or 11015.

Happy sailing 🙂

I was in this state room (11023) on Marina’s sister ship, Riviera. It was a fabulous location, very convenient to the elevators. It was very, very quiet. You should have no worries at all.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I was in this state room (11023) on Marina’s sister ship, Riviera. It was a fabulous location, very convenient to the elevators. It was very, very quiet. You should have no worries at all.

Thank you!