Celebration - Premium View Extended Balcony Cabin — Info/Advice Please? 

silvercrikhix

Celebration - Premium View Extended Balcony Cabin — Info/Advice Please? 

I see these are available both front and rear facing. 
Front Facing would be a great view but too windy to use most of time, I’d think? 
Rear facing it looks like the middle ones are curved in towards the ship, so can the outside balconies see into them? 
Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

We have been in 9202 (forward facing) on Celebration and I would not recommend this cabin (but for a different reason).  There is a crew smoking deck that you kind of overlook from this cabin and somehow our cabin always smelled like smoke to me (even though we hardly ever opened the balcony door). We would be gone from the room for hours but I could smell smoke as soon as we waked in.

But I will admit the smell of smoke really bothers me so I might be more sensitive than most.

We were in one of the middle aft extended balcony cabins on the Mardi Gras (same design as Celebration). The end cabins could probably see into our balcony slightly more than a regular balcony, but not by much. We loved the size of the balcony and the view.

However, we would not stay in one of these again. There is no shade or breeze, making it so unbearably hot and miserable that we couldn't spend any time out there except at night.  

• 9 months later...
On 3/21/2023 at 8:16 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

We were in one of the middle aft extended balcony cabins on the Mardi Gras (same design as Celebration). The end cabins could probably see into our balcony slightly more than a regular balcony, but not by much. We loved the size of the balcony and the view.

However, we would not stay in one of these again. There is no shade or breeze, making it so unbearably hot and miserable that we couldn't spend any time out there except at night.  

Were they not covered causing no shade? Any more breeze when sailing?

2 hours ago, packedandready said:

Were they not covered causing no shade? Any more breeze when sailing?

Correct, there is no cover so there is no shade. As for breeze, it didn't matter if we were sailing or sitting in port. The way the back end is curved blocks any breeze at all from reaching those balconies. It was stifling.

We have found our favorite balconies on this class are the slanted balconies on the forward-facing part of the "hump." Big, shaded, with just the right amount of breeze. I could (and have) sit out there all day!

• Like 1