Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal to Miami airport

mugggs

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Discussed here quite frequently. Uber/Lyft. Shuttles. Cruise line transport. Last choice would be taxi.

Thank you, sorry I had not seen a recent post. I’m from Australia and inexperienced with the area and time needed to be at airport in time for flight. Simply thought someone would have had   an idea of which one to these to choose and approximate cost.

How many passengers and bags? More than 3 passengers or lots of bags may drive you to a van taxi or UberXL.

The drive will take 45-60+ minutes.  In a taxi expect to pay $80+ on the meter.  UberX or standard Lyft should be closer to $55-60+, but surge pricing may drive the costs above the taxi fare.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

How many passengers and bags? More than 3 passengers or lots of bags may drive you to a van taxi or UberXL.

The drive will take 45-60+ minutes.  In a taxi expect to pay $80+ on the meter.  UberX or standard Lyft should be closer to $55-60+, but surge pricing may drive the costs above the taxi fare.

Thank you only 2 passengers and 2 suitcases 

You could also take a taxi or rideshare to the nearest Tri-Rail station which is called Fort Lauderdale Airport station. (The airport and cruise port are adjacent.) Southbound trains end at Miami International Airport. Be aware that their schedule is reduced on weekends and holidays.

For map, schedules & fares: https://www.tri-rail.com/

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

You could also take a taxi or rideshare to the nearest Tri-Rail station which is called Fort Lauderdale Airport station. (The airport and cruise port are adjacent.) Southbound trains end at Miami International Airport. Be aware that their schedule is reduced on weekends and holidays.

For map, schedules & fares: https://www.tri-rail.com/

Thank you 

3 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

We walked off the ship and there were shuttle drivers with minibus going to either Ft. Lauderdale Airport (which we took at $10pp cash) or Miami Airport.  We waited about 15 minutes for the minibus to fill up. I don't remember the amount to Miami Airport.

That would be convenient and affordable My concern originally was that when Azamara arrives in FL we are transatlantic so I’m hoping with docking and port authorities that we won’t be delayed disembarking and making a 13.30 flight to NYC.

I appreciate your advice Thanks

3 hours ago, mugggs said:

That would be convenient and affordable My concern originally was that when Azamara arrives in FL we are transatlantic so I’m hoping with docking and port authorities that we won’t be delayed disembarking and making a 13.30 flight to NYC.

Our flight out of Ft Lauderdale Airport which is 10 minutes from port was at 1:00 PM. We got off at 9AM and got to the airport in plenty of time. We had to go through customs and immigration. Line was long but it kept moving. All we needed to do was show our passports to the officer. 
I don’t have personal experience with Ft Lauderdale to Miami Airport but I think you will easily make your 1:30 flight. Safe travels 

7 hours ago, mugggs said:

You are correct to expect the timing of the disembarkation of a trans-Atlantic to be possibly very different from a cruise ship using the port regularly.  Ships returning to the States after a season (or longer) overseas and their personnel are subjected to additional procedures and inspections that can sometimes delay both disembarkation and embarkation of the new passengers.  It happened to us at Port Everglades twice:  one disembarkation that didn’t finish until after 11:30 only to find an unusual dearth of taxis and ride shares; and one embarkation that was delayed until after 2 pm because inspections did not finish until after noon.  In that case sail away was also delayed by more than 2 hours so they could load all the provisions.

Make sure you have a plan B.  There are frequent horror stories each fall as the TAs arrive at Port Everglades.

14 hours ago, capriccio said:

You are correct to expect the timing of the disembarkation of a trans-Atlantic to be possibly very different from a cruise ship using the port regularly.  Ships returning to the States after a season (or longer) overseas and their personnel are subjected to additional procedures and inspections that can sometimes delay both disembarkation and embarkation of the new passengers.  It happened to us at Port Everglades twice:  one disembarkation that didn’t finish until after 11:30 only to find an unusual dearth of taxis and ride shares; and one embarkation that was delayed until after 2 pm because inspections did not finish until after noon.  In that case sail away was also delayed by more than 2 hours so they could load all the provisions.

Make sure you have a plan B.  There are frequent horror stories each fall as the TAs arrive at Port Everglades.

Thank you, what you have described is what I have feared. Plan B will be needed in case.

12 hours ago, mugggs said:

Thank you, what you have described is what I have feared. Plan B will be needed in case.

On advice from you good people I have changed flights from 13.30 to 15.30. Thank you 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, GlennS said:

Mugggs….how was the disembarkation? We have the same situation in November off a trans-Atlantic. Would you have made the 13:30 departure?

Good morning, my TA is also in November.