PJ Party - Were you able to stay awake for it?

tbmrt

PJ Party on cruises from Miami - Curious how many people manage to stay awake for it  

23 members have voted

1. 1. PJ Party first night of VV cruises

• I attended and was glad I stayed awake for it.
    • Did you intend to go, but just couldn't stay awake to do so?

I think the PJ Party on the first night of cruise from Miami would be fun, but not sure I can stay awake for it considering traveling to ship, enjoying champagne at sailaway party, dinner and grog walk....

Did you attend or did you intend to go to PJ Party and just couldn't make it?

Edited by tbmrt
Tried to do a poll, but had problems doing so

We didn’t do the grog walk but easily were able to stay up, I’m 41 so neither old or young I guess. 
travelled to the ship, late lunch at the Dock while booking shows etc, chilled out and then did the muster point. Sailaway followed by a relaxed dinner and then chilled before changing for the PJ Party where we stayed out til late. 

I also stayed out for Heartbeat as I think it’s a really fun club night and of course for the Scarlet night party. Studio 72 doesn’t go quite as late as it’s last night but is worth arriving early for the 15 minute circus disco show that starts the party. 

• Like 2

Our first cruise with VV is almost here. We have some new PJs to bring and intend to go. Whether or not we actually go, still to be determined! 😁

We'll have flown in the day before so should be well rested (although I'm always a light sleeper the night before a cruise), and are not doing the grog walk beforehand, so I'm setting the odds at 75% that we do go.

• Like 2

Interesting that this quiz did not have an option for "I never intended to go".  I did not feel comfortable with the idea of wearing any of the pjs I already owned in public (very comfy and super lightweight, but not enough coverage for me to feel comfortable in public) and I certainly wasn't about to go out and buy any just for this.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

Interesting that this quiz did not have an option for "I never intended to go".  I did not feel comfortable with the idea of wearing any of the pjs I already owned in public (very comfy and super lightweight, but not enough coverage for me to feel comfortable in public) and I certainly wasn't about to go out and buy any just for this.  

You can not wear PJs and go and party still. 

it’s a fun party playing more cheesy 90s style music. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

You can not wear PJs and go and party still. 

it’s a fun party playing more cheesy 90s style music. 

I'm aware.  Still not interested.  I just thought it was curious that there was no third option of not intending to attend.  

12 hours ago, karmamule said:

Our first cruise with VV is almost here. We have some new PJs to bring and intend to go. Whether or not we actually go, still to be determined! 😁

We'll have flown in the day before so should be well rested (although I'm always a light sleeper the night before a cruise), and are not doing the grog walk beforehand, so I'm setting the odds at 75% that we do go.

This is our plan too! Traveling from west coast time can be rough.

• Like 2

If you do the grog walk, the last stop is where they hold the PJ party. How late you want to stay is totally up to you. Get a good nights sleep or plan to take a nap before sail away. We often found ourselves a bit surprised we were out past 1am, flying in from US west coast is kind of an advantage. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Nope, not able to stay awake for it.  Had every intention to, but couldn't do it.  (Sailed from Barcelona, flew in from CA a couple days prior.  Still no joy.)

This has me concerned about our upcoming Greek Glow cruise. Flying direct to Frankfurt, staying overnight, then flying to Athens for an overnight before the cruise. Adapting to Miami time is easy.

2 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

This has me concerned about our upcoming Greek Glow cruise. Flying direct to Frankfurt, staying overnight, then flying to Athens for an overnight before the cruise. Adapting to Miami time is easy.

I think it likely has more to do with your normal wake/sleep patterns, or at least in our case it did lol.  The PJ party didn't start until 11pm, which on a normal day is way past my bedtime.  I can't say it had much to do with jet lag or time difference adjustments, just that we were exhausted by then after a couple days and that full morning of exploring Barcelona, then the adrenaline/excitement of boarding the ship, learning the ship, sailaway party, then some amazing meals and full bellies....well, bedtime was calling after all of that.  😅 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

If you do the grog walk, the last stop is where they hold the PJ party. How late you want to stay is totally up to you. Get a good nights sleep or plan to take a nap before sail away. We often found ourselves a bit surprised we were out past 1am, flying in from US west coast is kind of an advantage. 

I always think about the long travel time coming in from west coast time - I forgot about the time change! We might be able to stay awake! 😂 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:18 AM, rebeccac said:

I was the total opposite - i searched and found the perfect pair of PJ's ( I don't usually wear PJ's) for the event but ended up falling in love with how comfy they are and now wear them all the time and intend to wear them on all future VV PJ nights. There were also many people at the party that were in regular clothes and that was cool too so maybe next time for you? 🙂

• Like 2

On 3/23/2023 at 10:06 PM, Fogcityca13 said:

Ha it's the nap that did me inn. I did Test Kitchen at 630 with the cocktail pairing. Came back to room and changed into my party pajamas around 9 . Pajamas and drinks ... nite nite .🤣

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Ha it's the nap that did me inn. I did Test Kitchen at 630 with the cocktail pairing. Came back to room and changed into my party pajamas around 9 . Pajamas and drinks ... nite nite .🤣

Oh no, I would be done for as well. We got the nonalcoholic and the regular cocktail pairing, turned out to be a good plan. We still had a decent buzz by the end of dinner.

This the incentive to flip your internal timeclock.  Stay up as long as you can, then wake up at 1pm to start your day.  Live like a ROCK STAR even if you are not in the RS Suite.

Blackout ANYTHING before 2pm on your schedule.  The ship is ALIVE after midnight.

Rock on!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CrazyTrain2 said:

Blackout ANYTHING before 2pm on your schedule.  The ship is ALIVE after midnight.

i regularly regret booking the 8/9am spin classes on the first morning.  finally learned my lesson on my last voyage and opted to sleep in after PJ party 🙂

• Like 1