Specialty Reservation Confirmation not Showing in App

ricka47

It's been 20 years since we've been on Princess, and things have changed! Yesterday, I made our dining reservations and made a specialty reservation for the first night.

All of the MDR reservations are showing in the app, but the specialty one does not. Yet, the charge went through, and I see the $70 charge on my AMEX account. Does this take a few days to show up, or do I need to contact them?

I was looking under "Dine My Way">View or Book Individual Reservations. It gives me the option to go ahead and book another reservation for the first night but I don't want to have another $70 charge. Should I be looking elsewhere?

I also didn't get an email confirmation - does Princess send those?

Edited by ricka47

None of my dining reservations are showing up, nor our drinks and internet packages,  will wait till I get to port to sort it out.

My first time with medallion, can’t say I’m impressed yet.

This may sound silly but double check the date and time you made the reservation.  I have looked more than once thinking they disappeared to realize I was looking at the wrong date.  Otherwise, they should show up right away. 

Edited by Familycruzer11

There may be a number of us in the (pardon the pun) same boat.

Twenty years ago, we did our first and only Princess cruise, and they had just implemented "My Way" dining, which was such a disaster that we switched back to traditional dining. Twenty years later, we have an app that appears to have its own AI changing and canceling things for us!

6 minutes ago, MTNest93 said:

My reservations do show in the app but they are below the option to book a new reservation.  Be sure to scroll to the bottom and you should see it there.  

Nope, just an option to book a new one.

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Nope, just an option to book a new one.

That's definitely not right.  Ugh!  I have 3 SD reservations and all showed up immediately in the app.  Maybe try deleting and re-installing the app, and then of course re-sign in.  Hope it works out for you!

Just now, MTNest93 said:

That's definitely not right.  Ugh!  I have 3 SD reservations and all showed up immediately in the app.  Maybe try deleting and re-installing the app, and then of course re-sign in.  Hope it works out for you!

I asked our TA to see if she can call them to see if there really is a reservation and where my $70 went. If she can't do that, I'll have to try to call them myself. But I'm not looking forward to doing that, as customer service by phone is such a hassle today.

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I asked our TA to see if she can call them to see if there really is a reservation and where my $70 went. If she can't do that, I'll have to try to call them myself. But I'm not looking forward to doing that, as customer service by phone is such a hassle today.

Glad you have a TA to do the dirty work!  I love our TA and honestly don't know what we'd do without her.  (she's our daughter, lol)  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobpell said:

We have a complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation day in Nov. 2023

Approximately when can I go on the app to book a restaurant and a specific time?

thanks

newby Bob

I was able to book our complimentary SD for embarkation day immediately after we had upgraded our cabin to a suite.  The app shows the credit and we were not charged.  Our sailing is in July, but I booked our other SD reservations nearly a year in advance, so I would think you can schedule it now.

6 hours ago, ricka47 said:

The ones that I made in the MDR are showing OK. But not the one specialty reservation. I'm not one of those who like to wait until boarding to fix that kind of stuff.

I received an e-mail from Princess.  Have you checked your spam/junk folder?  Mines is showing up for 4/12/23.   Maybe refresh your phone/log out and back in?  Princess can be glitchy.

7 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I was looking under "Dine My Way">View or Book Individual Reservations. It gives me the option to go ahead and book another reservation for the first night but I don't want to have another $70 charge. Should I be looking elsewhere?

I also didn't get an email confirmation - does Princess send those?

Are you scrolling (sideways) through each day?  When I do it I seem my "regular" reservations for each day but when I scroll over to the day in question the specialty dining is listed for that day.

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Are you scrolling (sideways) through each day?  When I do it I seem my "regular" reservations for each day but when I scroll over to the day in question the specialty dining is listed for that day.

Thanks for the idea - but there's no option to scroll sideways.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You did not say whether you were using the app on your phone or the "web version" on a laptop/desktop.  I find it much easier to work with on the web version...

On the phone, but I'd rather use the PC. I didn't know there was a web version. The Princess web site just says to use the app. I'll check that out - thanks!

Just now, ricka47 said:

On the phone, but I'd rather use the PC. I didn't know there was a web version. The Princess web site just says to use the app. I'll check that out - thanks!

Yeah...they really try to steer everybody towards doing EVERYTHING on the app...and it's just a lot easier for some things on the "web version".  Go into your Cruise Personalizer and select your booking.  Scroll down just a bit until you see:

image.png.a7613d930aeaa84c40c1ed3050ef6bcf.png

Click on "Try our web version".  I always do the dining reservations this way because it's so much easier to see everything!

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yeah...they really try to steer everybody towards doing EVERYTHING on the app...and it's just a lot easier for some things on the "web version".  Go into your Cruise Personalizer and select your booking.  Scroll down just a bit until you see:

image.png.a7613d930aeaa84c40c1ed3050ef6bcf.png

Click on "Try our web version".  I always do the dining reservations this way because it's so much easier to see everything!

Found it - thanks!

2 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks for the idea - but there's no option to scroll sideways.

In the app I can scroll sideways from day to day in the section titled: View or book individual daily reservations.

Dine My Way.jpg

2 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

I was able to book our complimentary SD for embarkation day immediately after we had upgraded our cabin to a suite.  The app shows the credit and we were not charged.  Our sailing is in July, but I booked our other SD reservations nearly a year in advance, so I would think you can schedule it now.

We have complementary SD and booked on the app the day we paid our final payment. We were charged for it. Had to call and they refused to refund and keep my reservation, they refunded it but we were told we can’t book SD until we are on board. Very disappointed 

1 hour ago, Court70 said:

We have complementary SD and booked on the app the day we paid our final payment. We were charged for it. Had to call and they refused to refund and keep my reservation, they refunded it but we were told we can’t book SD until we are on board. Very disappointed 

When was this?  I believe there is a recent update to the app that allowed me to book right away.  I wish I had taken a screenshot, but it basically showed a credit for the total amount and zero due.  I hope they can get it straightened out for you.

We paid in February and booked that day and we got our credit card bill on Saturday and we were charged. They did refund my credit card but we lost our SD reservations and they told me if i booked again on the app I would be charged again