Civitavecchia Debark from a Transatlantic

bikerunner

I am on the Beyond next year,in April and wondering what time do passengers are able disembark and get thru customs.  Not worried about flight since staying in Rome  for around 2 weeks after, just for arranging pick up from service etc.  thanks 

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The ports forum has literally thousands of posts on getting to Rome.

Not worries about transport that’s the easy part.   We have friends flying over from the states into Fco that we need to meet up with and just figuring out timing.  

5 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I assume you will visit some other EU port before Civitavecchhia.  Then there will be no Customs

Yep hits the Azores then 3 ports in Spain and one in France before Italy.   Totally forgot about eu.  Thanks.   So will just walk off and head to Rome.   

We will disembark from HAL transatlantic at Civitavecchia on Apr 29.  Have booked a Europcar for 7 days pick up at Civitavecchia location at 10am.  HAL schedule shows arrive at 7am, I thought it is kinda late.  To be on the safe side I booked the rental car to pick up at 10am, as the office only opens at 9am.

My confusion stems from what is the transportation options now at the port?   Europcar location on Via Tarquinia 19/27  from Google Map is right on the other side of the Fermata Bus Navetta Civitavecchia, the port shuttle terminal. The Avis and Budget are also nearby.  So the ideal situation for us would be there is a shuttle from the shipside goes to this shuttle terminal, then we just walk over to Europcar.