Summer 2024 cancelled cruises

CruiseCrew123

3 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Of course the reason is probably that they are not selling enough cabins

52 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

apparently they have a hard time filling the ship(s) at markets outside US and Europe.

Where do you find this information? I was thinking it was more a problem of a securing the ports. I know there have been recent problems and limits set in Alaska for one thing. I guess I don't think I'm paying a premium, just an all inclusive price (gratuities, drinks, spa, port tax, etc). The 1st cruise I booked with EJ was the same price as one I had reserved with a similar itinerary and cabin (club balcony) on NCL Viva. Also, new ships seems to always be higher priced than older ones.

• Like 1

I think that the possible reticence may stem from the association with MSC. I was at a horrible (another story entirely…)  cocktail party two days ago and was chatting with a long time business associate who was going on Seabourn. I told her about my 3 booked Explora cruises and she waved her (finely manicured and bejewelled) hand and said “I’m not sailing on MSC!”. I said “hon” (seriously) - “you’re sailing on Carnival - same corporate arrangement!”

She said “no, that’s different!”

I am suspicious that this isn’t a unique response……

As I’ve stated on these boards before, I’m willing to be an early adapter. With these prices, many are most certainly waiting for some early reviews.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

MSC reluctance by potential passengers is normal.   Pretty clear Explora is not targeting the cheapskate market.   I believe the people operating Explora brighter, with fewer constraints (not being micro managed) and have a larger bankroll than their RCI and CCL counterparts.

Will they pull it off?    I'd be happy with one port stop every ten days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, frankhi said:

Where do you find this information? I was thinking it was more a problem of a securing the ports. I know there have been recent problems and limits set in Alaska for one thing. I guess I don't think I'm paying a premium, just an all inclusive price (gratuities, drinks, spa, port tax, etc). The 1st cruise I booked with EJ was the same price as one I had reserved with a similar itinerary and cabin (club balcony) on NCL Viva. Also, new ships seems to always be higher priced than older ones.

The reason they gave for the cancellation of my cruise is that the ship will stay in the Caribbean because of popular demand. Go figure…

Ivi

On 5/28/2023 at 4:27 AM, CruiseCrew123 said:

Yes I was told that there is more demand for the same old itineraries in the Med 🥱 

I don’t believe their Med itineraries are all ‘same old.’ I have a collector cruise on Explora II next year, Rome to Athens, that is very definitely different from any mainstream cruise line. The Adriatic segment is more like a small Adriatic specialty line cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 4:04 AM, travelberlin said:

The reason they gave for the cancellation of my cruise is that the ship will stay in the Caribbean because of popular demand. Go figure…

Ivi

They are having trouble even selling these Caribbean cruises.  Just checked a few in Jan 2024, most the penthouses and residences are still open  Considered a b2B and no issue finding multiple same cabin numbers.  Considering 7 months to go, rather surprising. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 6:26 AM, PaulMCO said:

They are having trouble even selling these Caribbean cruises.  Just checked a few in Jan 2024, most the penthouses and residences are still open  Considered a b2B and no issue finding multiple same cabin numbers.  Considering 7 months to go, rather surprising. 

The Caribbean has a glut of cruises.  Paul will you join us in 2025???????

• 3 weeks later...