storage gone in standard cabins?

C-sea

Wondering... where will the shelves be in the standard cabins for folded clothes? Maybe next to the closet (and some shelves in the closet) with opening in entrance way, where the personal safe will also be? Does anyone know for sure???

Where will the fridge and the cupboard with glasses etc be located? There was fantastic drawer space under the desk and small shelves on the side of the mirror. When there are two people sailing in this stateroom, the drawer space is needed, especially if you are doing back to backs. Will there be cupboard space in the bathroom? I have said before, maybe they expect that a suitcase under the bed suffices for storage space in these staterooms, or perhaps, underwear needs to be hung in the wardrobe.

• Thanks 1

The trend is to "sleek, open" design.  Crystal and Silversea used to have great storage, with bookshelves and drawers and cubby holes.  Now you get designs where it's all about how it looks, with little consideration for how impractical the end product is.  Viking is bad in this regard and Seabourn isn't much better.

Hopefully this won't be like what happened with American Airlines, where they designed, ordered and installed new cabin interiors without bothering to construct a mock-up before actually proceeding with the project. And it was over 6 months before the CEO actually flew on one of the aircraft with this interior.  Turned out that they then needed to tear out the new seating and replace it - because it was impractical and hated by crews and passengers alike.

Disagree about Regent space.  Desk has only 1 drawer and is not deep enough for papers unless stored sideways.  Shelves above the desk were removed.  Underneath the desk was a refrigerator on 1 side and glassware on the other.  I used 1 shelf in the glassware cabinet for papers and laptop computer.  Closet has drawers.  I used all the drawers.  It would be interesting to have 2 people in the room for long cruises.  

10 hours ago, Travel2Learn said:

Disagree about Regent space.  Desk has only 1 drawer and is not deep enough for papers unless stored sideways.  Shelves above the desk were removed.  Underneath the desk was a refrigerator on 1 side and glassware on the other.  I used 1 shelf in the glassware cabinet for papers and laptop computer.  Closet has drawers.  I used all the drawers.  It would be interesting to have 2 people in the room for long cruises.  

Which ship?

Most recently Regent Voyager for 7 weeks.  Desk area was the same on Navigator and Mariner within the past year.  Closet had 3 shallow drawers and 2 deep drawers.  There were shelves above the drawers.  Hanging space was sufficient for 2 people.  I did not use the drawers on both sides of the bed.  

Edited by Travel2Learn