LIVE- The World's Longest Trip Report (Luminosa 4/13 - 5/4)

EngIceDave

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I always love barely edible comments.

It wasn't hyperbole. My husband did indeed order the lasagna took one bite, and pushed the rest of it away. He ordered it one other time on our B3B and it was the same. I had issues with both versions of the frittata. It was dried out and tasteless. I knew how it should have been since I was on the MardiGras for a b2b a couple of months earlier and both versions of the frittata was fresh, fluffy and tasty. 

On the Pride something as simple as getting HOT oatmeal was a challenge. The toureens at the buffet used for soups and oatmeal never kept it properly hot. I'd go circling around the buffet trying out the couple of places where they served oatmeal wanting it to be hot instead of barely warm. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I always love barely edible comments.

It wasn't hyperbole. My husband did indeed order the lasagna took one bite, and pushed the rest of it away. He ordered it one other time on our B3B and it was the same. I had issues with both versions of the frittata. It was dried out and tasteless. I knew how it should have been since I was on the MardiGras for a b2b a couple of months earlier and both versions of the frittata was fresh, fluffy and tasty. 

On the Pride something as simple as getting HOT oatmeal was a challenge. The toureens at the buffet used for soups and oatmeal never kept it properly hot. I'd go circling around the buffet trying out the couple of places where they served oatmeal wanting it to be hot instead of barely warm. 

5 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Then you see a photo of M/Y Formosa

I saved you the trouble of looking her up for your next charter, she's only $470,000 per week + expenses.

Pocket change, bro....

Like that Tahitian nickel I found....It's a start, don't laugh

What no chopper pad? I prefer my yachts have one. That's a deal breaker right there.😉20220513_133458.thumb.jpg.349d8ab5962bbcf38318f0357b48c322.jpg20220513_140338.thumb.jpg.47d2c45f7bb032c6f8e30c3c12a16cd6.jpg20220513_140407.thumb.jpg.085c2fc0241d24291fc2214444363df5.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Was there any announcements on the mix of the clientele (USA, Aussies, etc)?  Just curious.

John Heald posted on his FB page right after this cruise started the numbers for it: Total passengers 1914, USA 1729, Australia 53, Canada 42, others 90. So unless somebody jumped ship along the way that is the number they are expecting to get off at some point.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

The pizza is actually damn good pie.

Tried the BBQ after posting, it's not bad, is a bit dry, but add in fome extra sauce and toss a little, its not bad. They also had a white cheese shell pasta (mac & cheese) that wasn't bad, and I got the bottom of the pan.

Maybe I should start working some food hacks/mixes to make the food pop

A pod of dolphin (porpoise) was seen off the starboard side at about 2:00 our time (2 hours ago)

Got a 70 minute bamboo massage with wife, girl beat the tar out of my calves. I wonder if they go back downstairs later, giggle and trade stories of how badly they beat some guy or woman.

Some Karen goes in there, acting all high and mighty and they just beat the snot out of her and laugh later "Oh yeah, gave her a good massage, all the way to bone, I bet she can't walk tomorrow....Hahaha"

Really appreciate your review overall and this food review especially.     That's a long cruise for mediocre, or worse, food.    

• Like 3

On 4/23/2023 at 2:44 AM, EngIceDave said:

I HAVE CRAPS TABLE NEWS!!!

Right now, there's a digital Texas Hold 'em table, that is going bye-bye and a craps table is going in. Still unclear if Hawaii or Seattle for that installation.

Excellent news!!  Thanks for keeping us updated on the craps situation - much appreciated. 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:
9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

John Heald posted on his FB page right after this cruise started the numbers for it: Total passengers 1914, USA 1729, Australia 53, Canada 42, others 90. So unless somebody jumped ship along the way that is the number they are expecting to get off at some point.

Have a feeling this may be part of it. Also keep in mind, every pax had to surrender our passports at embarkation and were returned to us after Tahiti.

Then add in the crew. This entire crew will have to go through Customs and Border Patrol, every single one, because Hawaii is this ship's first entry port into the US, ever.

That has to be even more complicated between the many nationality, work/travel visas, ESTA's and so on.....then there's any food inventories and such, maybe it's inspected?

• Like 3

My brother used to bartend at “World Famous Button on the Beach” in Ft Lauderdale all through the spring break years. 
Several times he told me he was so sick of making “Sex on the Beach” because that’s what every female wanted to drink, because they were so sweet. 

Dudes loved it, because they’d get so hammered w/o knowing it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

IT IS NOW POST TIME

Horse racing

$2 per bet/horse, USD cash only

One race. 

IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

I wish they’d bring this back on all ships.  One of my most memorable activities as a kid was this and Stu did it more recently on the Carnival Spirit before they moved Spirit to Australia.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also as an update on early arrival, none of this is official, just my being observant.....

We're hauling the mail now.....we've been doing a leisurely 13kts for most all of the cruise and now were doing 20kts

It even feels faster and for sure looks it, why I checked the map boards.

Found library....kind of hidden

Standing at the Excursion Desk, you look right then you'll see it

54EF8B1F-5978-48B2-8A46-E3A388942102.thumb.jpeg.6f80693d33c2c192bb0d202f5b806c29.jpeg3B72E0BC-33A5-4516-AE92-8A43EABB38A7.thumb.jpeg.9b94ddef8f788666f49ab0586eec16ba.jpeg

• Like 3