Princess post cruise Stonehedge excursion from Southhampton and then to Heathrow

Moxiefurball

On 4/27/2023 at 5:41 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

On 4/2/2023 at 12:08 PM, Moxiefurball said:

Was wondering if anyone out there would know.  Our flight leaves Heathrow at 4:55 Pm and the princess site lists the excursion after the cruise as being from 8 am to 2 :15 Pm.  It says for flights after 4 pm so my question is this. Is 2:15 pm the drop off time at Heathrow? 

I did the Windsor airport transfer, leaving at 4:55 and had plenty of time. I believe I hit the airport right on time of when the cruise ended. It did take some time to unload passengers at another terminal at the airport.  I do remember once I got my excursion ticket it said on it that the plane had to leave before 4, when in booking it said 5.  The excursions desk said we’d be fine though.

My flights and/or flight times have changed several times since I booked them and my upcoming cruise is still a couple of months away. You are cutting it close. Heathrow was one of the slowest airports I’ve traveled through. 

We did the opposite for a cruise leaving out of Southampton a few years ago. Flew into London a few days early. Arranged for a private car service to take us to the port. We arranged for a stop at Stonehenge (they even pre-purchased the entry tickets), they waited for us and then drove us to the port. It was two couples so the cost was less than a cruise excursion. Stonehenge is well worth seeing. 

In June, I took post cruise Stonehenge excursion.  I had a 5:05pm flight.

On the bus, the driver had passengers sit in certain areas on the bus for each terminal. The guide said we had time for a stop at Salisbury, we got out and walked to see outside of the Cathedral.  

We were given a time to return to the bus.  We had plenty of time at Stonehenge to get the bus to the stones, bathroom stop and something from the cafe.

No sure of the time we arrived at LHR. We were dropped off at our terminal.   We had to wait at screening as we had left our IPads in our carryon and they had to be rescreened. Time to walk through duty free and wait to see our gate.

FYI - they don’t post gate number until close to the flight time (maybe 30-45 minutes) so sit where you can see the board.

Can you go to see Stonehenge pre cruise?  
International Friends

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

go on embarkment days with pickup at certain London hotels, LHR hotels with a stop at Stonehenge then Southampton dock.

We have a flight out of Heathrow after the cruise, and they keep changing the time.  I have seen Stonehenge, so I don't feel any urgency to see it again.  What I don't want is to rush through Heathrow.  I've been in and out of there multiple times, and it is a nightmare.  You need to decide if the risk is worth it.  I wish you the best of luck.

We did this excursion in September, 2019.  We originally had a 4pm flight from LHR and changed our flight to 6pm as they said only after 4pm..  So after a nice visit to Stonehenge we were suppose to go to Windsor Castle but some others on our bus still had a 4pm flight and made the driver miss Windsor so that they would be at the airport early.  We were very upset.  We got to LHR around 2:15pm.  We were very lucky and there were two open seats left on the 4pm flight so we were able to change but the seats weren't as good as our original seats.

5 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

We did this excursion in September, 2019.  We originally had a 4pm flight from LHR and changed our flight to 6pm as they said only after 4pm..  So after a nice visit to Stonehenge we were suppose to go to Windsor Castle but some others on our bus still had a 4pm flight and made the driver miss Windsor so that they would be at the airport early.  We were very upset.  We got to LHR around 2:15pm.  We were very lucky and there were two open seats left on the 4pm flight so we were able to change but the seats weren't as good as our original seats.

IIRC, we had a similar after 4 PM with a 4:05 flight going from Dover to Heathrow via Canterbury. I worried about making our flight, but it all worked out well. And the excursion was well worth the extra we paid for it.

We were going to do the Southampton to Heathrow via Stonehenge in 2020, but alas of course the cruise never happened.

• Like 1