Seaside or Seashore

Luvtoeat

Looking to book our first MSC cruise and trying to decide between Seaside or Seashore. Looking at a BR1 balcony stateroom. Never thought I would be looking at MSC but the reviews have gotten much better and the current promo looks like a pretty good deal. 

We have been on around 40 cruises, the last 4 on Celebrity so I'm not expecting a Celebrity experience but a cruise is what you make it. We have been on some cruise lines that are long out of business but gave us some fond memories.

We have been on many cruises too with many different lines.  Our last two were with MSC and have 2 more on MSC Seaside.  Their price is low, their ships are beautiful, the cabin is good enough for a week (booked with Fantastica BR1 or BR2), their food has been improved a lot since re-opening it is a win win for us plus we like the cruise departs from Port Canaveral.  

Give them a try, you will not find Celebrity or Royal Caribbean nor Carnival but a good cruise and will not go home hungry with saving you can cruise again.

• Thanks 1

Both ships are the same class although Seashore is the newer of the two. I’ve been on Seashore and will be on Seaside in August. I don’t think you can go wrong with either so I suggest you go by the itinerary you prefer. 

MSC is nothing like Celebrity but draws several comparisons with Royal in terms of ship activities, busy vibe, family atmosphere, and as you mentioned, beautiful ships. The pricing on MSC reminds me of how the pricing used to be on Royal. But since MSC is not a cruise company only, they can keep prices down bc they have other revenue streams via their shipping sector. It’s definitely worth a try. As you said, cruising is what you make it. 

Seaside/Seaview are one size.

Seashore/Seascape are a newer, slightly larger size.

Seashore/Seascape are an EVOlved version of Seaside/Seaview which is why they are commonly referred to as the Seaside EVO class. Some things such as restaurant locations and a few venues have been changed on the newer ships but all 4 ships are more alike than different.

Unless there is something specific that one has over the other, you might as well go based on itinerary.

• Thanks 1

We did choose Seashore for later this year. Both ships make the same exact stops. 

The one thing I do not like is the dining time setup. We have always chosen anytime dining 

when it was available and now we have early dining and will not know until we board exactly what time they have given us .If we are given to early a time I hope we can change it to a time closer to when we normally eat diner which is around 7:00.

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Seaside/Seaview are one size.

Seashore/Seascape are a newer, slightly larger size.

Seashore/Seascape are an EVOlved version of Seaside/Seaview which is why they are commonly referred to as the Seaside EVO class. Some things such as restaurant locations and a few venues have been changed on the newer ships but all 4 ships are more alike than different.

Unless there is something specific that one has over the other, you might as well go based on itinerary.

Didn’t realize seashore/seascape were slightly larger. Thanks for the clarification. 

Probably depends on experience you are sailing and critical priorities.  If I were in YC and drank, I would prefer Seaside, only because the specialty restaurants and the great cocktail lounge were just outside the YC complex on Deck 16.  If I was YC and wanted some greater privacy on the sun deck, I would go with Seashore with added space on sides and extra cabanas.  If shows are a big interest, I'd probably go with Seashore for Le Cabaret Rouge (although the shows have not been as good lately).

Either ship you can't lose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 12:51 AM, Luvtoeat said:

Looking to book our first MSC cruise and trying to decide between Seaside or Seashore. Looking at a BR1 balcony stateroom. Never thought I would be looking at MSC but the reviews have gotten much better and the current promo looks like a pretty good deal. 

We have been on around 40 cruises, the last 4 on Celebrity so I'm not expecting a Celebrity experience but a cruise is what you make it. We have been on some cruise lines that are long out of business but gave us some fond memories.

We are going on Seashore this Sunday and then Seaside May 11. It is our first MSC as well and cruise 55 for me. I can certainly share my thoughts when we return! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have a wonderful cruise! 

I hope you do a review, we are going on Seashore January 2024, we prefer an aft facing cabin but not crazy about the ones on the Seashore so booked the cabin next to the side cabins that have a whirlpool on the balcony, our balcony is a bit larger than normal.

We are hoping the folks in the whirlpool balcony cabin don't stay up in it all night partying!😝

Edited by coscab