Blue lagoon dolphin encounter

Me and my son are looking to do this... my wife had no interest In the dolphin part,but would still like to take the ferry with us to blue lagoon. Is there a way they would allow her on the ferry without paying for the dolphin excursion? Maybe when we are onboard we can ask about just paying for the ferry? 

17 minutes ago, renza said:

Please do not support these places. Keeping dolphins trapped and charging high prices to swim with them is wrong. 

Agreed! Did it once in Tortola and never again. They are in small enclosures and while it was neat to swim with them, I felt awful about it after and much rather see them in the wild. 

• Like 3

Back to topic from hijack, Blue Lagoon has multiple excursions including beach, animal encounters and VIP.  Just book one of the other encounters.  Everyone goes on the same ferry.

8 hours ago, renza said:

Please do not support these places. Keeping dolphins trapped and charging high prices to swim with them is wrong. 

So I agree with  this, and told my son we wouldn't so any of the swim with the dolphins excursions, but saw that this place has actually gotten some accolades for being very humane and safe. also won't do any of the "ride the dolphins"  places. I know they are still kept in captivity, but actually did do some research and found out about this one being the closest thing to humane for the dolphins.  And honestly, we are still leaning toward just doing the beach day excursion for all 3 of us anyway

We did this back in 2016 and loved it. They do a great job here and take great care of the animals. We liked it so much that on a later cruise when we had our kids with us we booked the dolphin swim in Cozumel thinking it would be a similar experience. Nope. I was angry after the one in Cozumel. I cried afterwards. Blue Lagoon is definitely the place to have this experience.

I think if you want a watcher to go with you that you would book them for just Blue Lagoon. You should be able to find it listed as a different excursion. You all go on the ferry together to the same place.

Take a living creature, Restrict it to a small area.  Prevent it from visiting home and family.  Feed it subsistent rations.  Make it's daily activity entirely toward catering to tourists on vacation.

Is that a dolpin or a cabin steward?

5 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Take a living creature, Restrict it to a small area.  Prevent it from visiting home and family.  Feed it subsistent rations.  Make it's daily activity entirely toward catering to tourists on vacation.

Is that a dolpin or a cabin steward?

The cabin steward has a choice.  No one is forcing them to do what we all agree is a tough job.   Lots of folks have really tough jobs.  But in most of the world, it is still their choice to do that particular job.   

The dolphin in this example is held prisoner.  Are you really drawing a moral equivalence of these situations?   Perhaps you say this in jest which I hope is true.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I hate dolphin encounters, stingray encounters and holding sloths. JMO

Beach day is what we are looking at as well on Blue Lagoon.

But the sloth is so cute and smiling?   Insert sarcastic font.  

Couldn’t agree more with you and I particularly don’t like any of these because they all exploit the animals for money while subjecting them to cruelty.  How these things still exist in our politically correct socio is beyond me.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, topnole said:

But the sloth is so cute and smiling?   Insert sarcastic font.  

Couldn’t agree more with you and I particularly don’t like any of these because they all exploit the animals for money while subjecting them to cruelty.  How these things still exist in our politically correct socio is beyond me.  

I'll say this and then get off my soapbox.  The hypocrisy of the cruise lines going green, save our oceans, taking videos rescuing people at sea and then sells excursions for this activity is unbelievable. Let's also throw in passing puppies around in Alaska.  And then people actually believe these animals are happy. 

• Like 3