Summit Sommelier named Windy?

amevola

Has anyone who has sailed on the Summit in the last few weeks had a woman named Windy as sommelier?  We met her onboard the Beyond TA in October, and we found her to be fabulous when it came to choices and attention to detail. 

1 hour ago, amevola said:

Has anyone who has sailed on the Summit in the last few weeks had a woman named Windy as sommelier?  We met her onboard the Beyond TA in October, and we found her to be fabulous when it came to choices and attention to detail. 

I was on the Summit on a charter.  I'm not a wine drinker, so I wouldn't have encountered her.

Good luck.  I hope you find her.  She has a cool name.

• Like 1

There is 100% chance that she will not be on the Summit.  Why would you think she would be on the Summit if she was on the Beyond?   

We have been on over 40 cruises on X and never had the same Sommelier.   They could be in between contracts, different ship, dining room and etc.   Even sailing on the same ship we never had the same one but we have had the same server a few times, Vinod, Felix and Captain Kirk 

If she was on the Beyond she will still remain there or be on the Ascent when it sails.  

We have never  had  a bad one.  They were always very good. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, miched said:

There is 100% chance that she will not be on the Summit.  Why would you think she would be on the Summit if she was on the Beyond?   
If she was on the Beyond she will still remain there or be on the Ascent when it sails. 

Odds are slim I agree but maybe she mentioned it to the OP in conversation. I have spoken to many crew who don't like the E Class ships, declined the offer to go on them or can't wait to leave.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, miched said:

We have been on over 40 cruises on X and never had the same Sommelier.   They could be in between contracts, different ship, dining room and etc.   Even sailing on the same ship we never had the same one but we have had the same server a few times, Vinod, Felix and Captain Kirk 

We have never  had  a bad one.  They were always very good. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Actually, she told us she would be on our sailing of the Summit during our last conversation with her.

Edited by amevola
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JBare said:

Odds are slim I agree but maybe she mentioned it to the OP in conversation. I have spoken to many crew who don't like the E Class ships, declined the offer to go on them or can't wait to leave.

That's very true. We sailed on Reflection in February 2022 and had a great sommelier in Luminae, Red. We were very pleasantly surprised to find Red still taking care of Luminae about a year later when we returned to Reflection this past February. He said he was perfectly happy there and has no desire to move to an E-class ship. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

Then I guess she will be there. 

Just wanted to see anyone had seen her yet - just as I said in my original post.

Edited by amevola
  • Like 1

I hope she will be as we are sailing on the Summit on May 25th. Our last cruise was on the Summit on 2019 and the sommelier we had in Luminae was disappointing. I love to try different wines and he was not a wine drinker so he just brought the same thing every night.

Would love to have someone with greater expertise!

• Like 1