Email from Celebrity about Room Preferences

Joe33472

I received an email from Celebrity today asking me to "personalize your in-room and port day experiences".   My cruise isn't until April 2024.   So, I click on the link, and it's asking about bed configuration, hangers, blankets, and temperature in the roof.   Also asks about what we like to do at ports and if we're celebrating anything.   

I would normally just fill this out but is asks the embarkation date and from the drop down list all that is listed are 2023 sailing dates.   This is what it looks like.  

Should I just ignore the email and hope to get one later this year or early next year?   Very strange....

image.png.cdbb366a3964f9a00828bfeda366a614.png

• Like 1

I have 4 X cruises booked for this year and 6 for next year. It's pretty comical about which cruises I get emails on and when. Yesterday I received a link to reserve my Aqua Class room amenities for my April 2024 Reflection sailing 🤷‍♀️

I got a Move-Up notice that wanted me to put in a lower bid...yes, I wrote and this is what I was told!  My bid was too high, really?  Then why did I not get the villa???  I would think she would have said it was too low!🤔

Several times I have received information regarding a cruise that I didn’t even book!

Edited by Lastdance

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Looks like they are trying something new and it isn’t perfected yet.  I would ignore it since your sailing date isn’t  until 2024. 

Thanks, I will just ignore the email.  

44 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

can't imagine why they would bother you for comments on hangers and blankets.

Just had to chuckle.

There was something later in the "survey" asking about our preferences of what we like to do on shore excursions, so I was thinking it was email was to gain some marketing info so that they could push things that we might be interested in doing.  The email said something about personalizing our port day experiences....  Maybe it should have been personalizing our advertising.

What cabin type are you in?  These are the types of questions they ask when they reach out to those in sky suites or celebrity suites (and I've seen people recently post screen shots of a similar form for these lower suites).  (Although that usually happens a few weeks before your cruise, not a full year.)

We received this email last year after we booked a SS on the Beyond for this past February. The embarkation dates for us only went through, I think, October or November of last year. Several months later we got a new email which included our embarkation date.

We also just got the email for our SS booking in November, 2023. Same thing is happening...the embarkation dates only go through June 2023. So we'll wait again several months and see what happens.

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

What cabin type are you in?  These are the types of questions they ask when they reach out to those in sky suites or celebrity suites (and I've seen people recently post screen shots of a similar form for these lower suites).  (Although that usually happens a few weeks before your cruise, not a full year.)

We're going to be in a sky suite.  I'm going to ignore this email and maybe in the fall or next spring, I'll get the "real" request for preferences.   

15 hours ago, Joe33472 said:

We're going to be in a sky suite.  I'm going to ignore this email and maybe in the fall or next spring, I'll get the "real" request for preferences.   

Just FY, the last two cruises where we were contacted regarding preferences were filled out by us but none of our requests were there when we boarded.   Both the cabin attendant and the butler noted what we wanted after boarding but had not received any requests from shoreside prior to our cruise.

1 hour ago, marycruz said:

Just FY, the last two cruises where we were contacted regarding preferences were filled out by us but none of our requests were there when we boarded.   Both the cabin attendant and the butler noted what we wanted after boarding but had not received any requests from shoreside prior to our cruise.

None of the preferences (except the bed setup) seemed like anything that couldn’t be communicated once on board.  I think it was more about our excursion preferences.  Maybe to send us more directed marketing on excursions?   I wonder if the excursions are very profitable for the cruise lines.  Some of these seem a bit pricey, so perhaps X is getting a good cut….

On 4/7/2023 at 4:46 PM, Joe33472 said:

I received an email from Celebrity today asking me to "personalize your in-room and port day experiences".   My cruise isn't until April 2024.   So, I click on the link, and it's asking about bed configuration, hangers, blankets, and temperature in the roof.   Also asks about what we like to do at ports and if we're celebrating anything.   

I would normally just fill this out but is asks the embarkation date and from the drop down list all that is listed are 2023 sailing dates.   This is what it looks like.  

Should I just ignore the email and hope to get one later this year or early next year?   Very strange....

We received this personalization email six months before our latest cruise (email last September, cruise last month). Never received another one, but I followed the link at the time and selected the various options we wanted, e.g., tons of extra hangers, a bottle of wine vs. sparkling wine, cabin temp, etc.

Didn't receive anything like this for our cruise last autumn so this might be new, but I appreciated the attentiveness (even if virtual/automated). Everything I requested was in place when we boarded.

cjr