Cape Liberty Embarkation

Maplemoose

44 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

We are cruising on the Summit from Bayonne. I am trying to find out what amenities, if any, exist at the Cape Liberty port. Are there any food or drink options at all? Shops for last minute supplies? TIA.

Nothing at the cruise port itself. If you are driving to the port there was a Costco, Starbucks, CVS and supermarket near the road junction turn in. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

There's nothing at the port. Maybe a vending machine. But then again, I've never been to a cruiseport that has anything beyond that.

I think there is a vending machine. Homeports don’t usually have anything more. Many cruise ports where passengers get off and back on have shops. Cape Liberty is primarily embarking and debarking. Passengers don’t stick around and embarking Summit which I have done four or five times there to Bermuda is relatively fast as it is a smaller ship. Debarking is fast too as they use facial recognition. There won’t be any other ships. Celebrity does one sailing a week during the summer and Royal Caribbean does about one sailing a week. Bayonne is an industrial port where they built a cruise terminal in a warehouse. Other cruise lines use Manhatten or Brooklyn. So there would not be enough business for any businesses. Some busnesses nearby have been mentioend but they are not walkable from the port. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There won’t be any other ships. Celebrity does one sailing a week during the summer and Royal Caribbean does about one sailing a week. 

For 2023, Royal Caribbean has one Quantum class ship (Anthem) Jan to May, Oct to Dec, two ships May to Oct (Oasis and Liberty) and one ship Sept/Oct (Jewel).  However, there's only 1 ship in port at at time.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, Maplemoose said:

We are cruising on the Summit from Bayonne. I am trying to find out what amenities, if any, exist at the Cape Liberty port. Are there any food or drink options at all? Shops for last minute supplies? TIA.

As others said, nothing within a mile of the terminal itself, but plenty on the way in.  Costco, Walmart, food, drug store, etc. all along Rt. 440 as you near the cruiseport.  Almost anything else you can find on Broadway in Bayonne ( liquor stores, restaurants,  etc.).