Arvia shuttle in Marseille

davecttr

Arvia berths in Marseille a week on Sunday. Do P&O provide a shuttle service, pay or free, to the city centre? If so where is the drop off/pickup point in the city?

I see the port provide a free shuttle but is this in addition to the ships shuttle.

I note that there are several ships due to berth there on that Sunday and a free port shuttle won't handle several thousand passengers.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Arvia berths in Marseille a week on Sunday. Do P&O provide a shuttle service, pay or free, to the city centre? If so where is the drop off/pickup point in the city?

I see the port provide a free shuttle but is this in addition to the ships shuttle.

I note that there are several ships due to berth there on that Sunday and a free port shuttle won't handle several thousand passengers.

We were in Marseilles yesterday, the P&O shuttle was £5 per person each way. Don’t know how much the children’s prices were. We were told it was a 30 minute transfer to the centre. Lots of people walking off along the road but not sure where they went to. 
There were 2 other ships in with us MSC Seaside and a Costa ship would imagine 15000 passengers in total. 

we didn’t get off had a relaxing day onboard. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

We were in Marseilles yesterday, the P&O shuttle was £5 per person each way. Don’t know how much the children’s prices were. We were told it was a 30 minute transfer to the centre. Lots of people walking off along the road but not sure where they went to. 
There were 2 other ships in with us MSC Seaside and a Costa ship would imagine 15000 passengers in total. 

we didn’t get off had a relaxing day onboard. 

Do you know where the drop off point was?

Apparently there is a free shuttle provided by the port which does not use  public roads. The pick up point is signposted and about 800 yards from the terminal. The drop off point is about 1400 yards from Vieux Port, again within the port.

I would rather use the P&O shuttle as I have a select fare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Apparently there is a free shuttle provided by the port which does not use  public roads. The pick up point is signposted and about 800 yards from the terminal. The drop off point is about 1400 yards from Vieux Port, again within the port.

No sorry I don’t know where the drop off point was for either the port or P&O shuttles. 

Our neighbour recently came back from a Princess cruise that took in Marseille.

The free shuttle was not running on the day he was there, due to to demonstrators outside the port.  He went to the port entrance to go and have a wander about near the terminal, but the demonstrators were a bit too enthusiasitic for his liking so he went back to the ship.  I think being on Princess's drink package might have contributed to his decision 😇

Good to read that Arvia was successful in getting passengers onto shuttles etc.  Hope we can get in next week as we've never been there before.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

It is at the harbour by the Museum of Civilizations/Fort St Jean

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Child fare was 50p less than adult - although charging for shuttles was... hit and miss shall we say. We took two return shuttles but only got charged for 2 journeys total not 4 even though we were scanned (this is across two ports, early saver fare).

Edited by itf

On 4/20/2023 at 3:57 PM, itf said:

Child fare was 50p less than adult - although charging for shuttles was... hit and miss shall we say. We took two return shuttles but only got charged for 2 journeys total not 4 even though we were scanned (this is across two ports, early saver fare).

They only charge you for a maximum of two journeys each; all others after that are free.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

From memory, the ship docks a considerable distance from the centre - far too far to walk and it’s along very busy dual carriageway? 

From our experience yesterday, that is spot on. They quoted 25mins, but it was more like 15. I can't imagine what it would be like walking; lengthy and potentially dangerous I would suspect.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 6:48 PM, terrierjohn said:

It is charged per port, but you can use each shuttle a second or third time for free.

You're misunderstanding. We only ever did a return trip in each port. But some ports we didn't get charged even though we were scanned, and in one port they didn't scan us on the return trip only the outbound.