Post cruise: How to do Blue Lagoon with luggage then Reykjavik airport without the expensive ship excursion ($400/person)?

fstuff1

Celebrity in aug 2023.

No idea if my cruise has post cruise tour to blue Lagoon then airport dropoff but they have a webpage for it:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/reykjavik-iceland-tours/blue-lagoon-tour-with-airport-drop-off?excursionItemID=100000004274730870

It's $400/person! :classic_ohmy:

How do i do it myself with luggage?

Thx

Edited by fstuff1

• fstuff1 changed the title to Post cruise: How to do Blue Lagoon with luggage then Reykjavik airport without the expensive ship excursion ($400/person)?
2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Celebrity in aug 2023.

No idea if my cruise has post cruise tour to blue Lagoon then airport dropoff but they have a webpage for it:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/reykjavik-iceland-tours/blue-lagoon-tour-with-airport-drop-off?excursionItemID=100000004274730870

Thx

1.  Find a less expensive independent tour operator who will hold your luggage.

2.  Rent a car for the day and drive yourself there with your luggage in the trunk.

2.  Check and see if there are "Luggage Nanny" type services available in the city.

3.  Book a hotel room, leave your luggage with their front desk and stay an extra night.

BTW, I definitely feel your pain with the $400 p.p. excursion prices in Iceland.  We have an Iceland cruise booked for September and I was shocked when I saw the excursion prices.  We haven't made final payment and may cancel the cruise and do something else.  I'm aware that Iceland is an expensive country in general (we've been to Norway and Switzerland, lol) but this is just not enough value for the money to me. 

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Celebrity in aug 2023.

Thx

@fstuff1, research Sky Lagoon. We went there last summer, Blue Lagoon is overrated say some folks. Sky Lagoon is located in Reykjavik, just a short cab/car drive (or even public transport?) away if you stick to the city before heading to the airport.

Lots of car rental agencies on the industrial zone(s) near the airport, with airport shuttles. If you manage to find a city venue you could be all set. Enjoy Iceland, I certainly did! :classic_smile:

We’re doing Blue Lagoon and we have been told they have luggage lockers there. Our tour company is picking us up at the airport, take us to Blue Lagoon and afterwards, are delivering us straight to our hotel in Reykjavik.  Luggage lockers are around $5 each.  
I’m sure the company will do just the opposite for you…pick you up at the dock, take you to Blue Lagoon and then drop you off at the airport.

We’re not using the cruise ship excursion, we’re using one of the local companies.

20 minutes ago, cwms said:

We’re doing Blue Lagoon and we have been told they have luggage lockers there. Our tour company is picking us up at the airport, take us to Blue Lagoon and afterwards, are delivering us straight to our hotel in Reykjavik.  Luggage lockers are around $5 each.  
I’m sure the company will do just the opposite for you…pick you up at the dock, take you to Blue Lagoon and then drop you off at the airport.

We’re not using the cruise ship excursion, we’re using one of the local companies.

Which tour company are you using?

thanks 

12 hours ago, cwms said:

There is a Luggage Room on the edge of the parking lot that will hold your bags.  $5 (or the ISK equivalent) was the price per bag a few years ago, not sure if it's changed

Blue Lagoon has transport options from city to BL to airport and vice versa.  Or city to BL to city.  Whatever you want, right on their website

Edited by Nitemare

FWIW, you have to go thru a dummy booking to see the transport options.  It's the last option before you commit and purchase.  There isn't a pickup at the port, but you could take a quick taxi to the main bus station and catch the shuttle from there, or from a number of bus stops in town.  It's very easy to store your luggage there.  

Edited by ljandgb

1 hour ago, ljandgb said:

FWIW, you have to go thru a dummy booking to see the transport options.  It's the last option before you commit and purchase.  There isn't a pickup at the port, but you could take a quick taxi to the main bus station and catch the shuttle from there, or from a number of bus stops in town.  It's very easy to store your luggage there.  

Reyjavik terminal is the main bus station?

which cruise port does Celebrity dock at in reyjavik?