JourneyView

cruisinderek

I am 3 days out from my cruise and today the JourneyView finally showed some activities, but the main thing I was looking for was the shows in the theater. Those are not listed. Do they not list the shows on the JourneyView or do I need to keep checking back for them to update?

1 hour ago, cruisinderek said:

I am 3 days out from my cruise and today the JourneyView finally showed some activities, but the main thing I was looking for was the shows in the theater. Those are not listed. Do they not list the shows on the JourneyView or do I need to keep checking back for them to update?

My experience has says that you need to keep checking. Things can get added and dropped until the last minute. 

2 minutes ago, cruisinderek said:

Thank you. I just wasn't sure if maybe they just don't list the shows. 

You're welcome. The shows will all get listed... Eventually. Be wary of the first listings because those might change.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

Boarding in 4 days & only sales events show up! 😁 Doesn't matter as the 'reservation' is only a tool the ship uses to gauge interest. Looking forward to researching events & watching muster drill at lunch onboard

JourneyView has ALWAYS been something of a complaint item for most people.  As I understand it, there has been a BIG improvement in the *appearance* of JourneyView...but the actual population of activities sure seems to be the same as its been for several years now.

And...here's a *somewhat* little-known secret:

Once onboard connect to the ship wifi system (just the wifi...internet not needed for this) and open your browser to:

shipname.princess.com

Example:    majestic.princess.com

You will be rewarded with a much more easy to view/read version (in my opinion) of JourneyView as well as a number of other features.  This *used* to be the only way to see things via your phone.  I very much believe that the current app is simply accessing this "older" database and (previously) elected to present it in a view that was absolutely ridiculous.  I have yet to be sailing in order to see the "new" presentation...soon!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And...here's a *somewhat* little-known secret:

Once onboard connect to the ship wifi system (just the wifi...internet not needed for this) and open your browser to:

shipname.princess.com

Example:    majestic.princess.com

You will be rewarded with a much more easy to view/read version (in my opinion) of JourneyView as well as a number of other features.  This *used* to be the only way to see things via your phone.  I very much believe that the current app is simply accessing this "older" database and (previously) elected to present it in a view that was absolutely ridiculous.  I have yet to be sailing in order to see the "new" presentation...soon!

Then add it to your home page and it will show up as Ocean Concierge.  Better than Journey View.  I still carry a folded up Patter with me.  (old school)

• Like 2