Windjammer on Visions of the seas

breakfast 6:30-10, lunch 11:30-3:30, dinner 6:00-9:00.

I just got off Vision a couple weeks ago. They have the omelet station for breakfast and give you a beeper. Go get your other food, by then you are beeping and get your omelet. Worked great.  No variety in the lunch menu. It is exactly the same every day, with the exception of the topping of the day they put on some of the pre-made burgers. Did not try their dinner, but I heard it is the same food as the dining room, but more.  

We are getting back on in a week, so would love to hear anyone elses thoughts on it. I might have missed something.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, blondie from arizona said:

I just got off Vision a couple weeks ago. They have the omelet station for breakfast and give you a beeper. Go get your other food, by then you are beeping and get your omelet. Worked great.  No variety in the lunch menu. It is exactly the same every day, with the exception of the topping of the day they put on some of the pre-made burgers. Did not try their dinner, but I heard it is the same food as the dining room, but more.  

We are getting back on in a week, so would love to hear anyone elses thoughts on it. I might have missed something.

I was on the Vision March 31-Apr 10. I agree, not much variety for WJ lunch options. After a couple of days, I was bored with the choices, and couldn't find much that appealed to me.

26 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I was on the Vision March 31-Apr 10. I agree, not much variety for WJ lunch options. After a couple of days, I was bored with the choices, and couldn't find much that appealed to me.

gee that is a shame because on the oasis class the lunch was great, then again bigger ship.

Well as long as they have a nice salad bar.  I am on April 21 because I have never been on a Vision class ship and I wanted to try her before she goes to Baltimore.  I like going out of FLA.

And who knows how long RCI will keep her around once Icon 1 and 2 come out.

We are going to be on her again on April 21 also. Should be a great cruise. The Solarium cafe will give you a little variety. They have kemmilwecks w beef, paninis, pizza.  The Tuna melt was very good. I do wish they would have chips or something to go with them, but I had a salad instead. The honey mustard dressing is very good.  We have not tried the main dining room for lunch, but plan to on the upcoming cruise.

The windjammer had a nice, fresh salad every day. The burger patty was acceptable, but probably not 100% beef. DH thought they had nice fresh buns. I actually enjoyed a hot dog!  I did not want to imply the WJ was bad, just that it is literally the same every day. I was looking for nachos and was disappointed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blondie from arizona said:

Funny, Vision Class used pagers 20-25yrs ago for Kids program. Was handy as Single parent with 3 young Kids. Omelet Station, good reuse for them

We've sailed on Enchantment, a similar size ship, five times in the last 14 months. Overall, we found the food in both WJ and MDR good to excellent, with lots of variety, including the new menus.  Some standards in WJ at lunch, such as burgers, taco bar, etc., but lots and lots of new things every day, too. I'm surprised to read that Vision appears to be so different.

18 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We've sailed on Enchantment, a similar size ship, five times in the last 14 months. Overall, we found the food in both WJ and MDR good to excellent, with lots of variety, including the new menus.  Some standards in WJ at lunch, such as burgers, taco bar, etc., but lots and lots of new things every day, too. I'm surprised to read that Vision appears to be so different.

Everything is different since te new menus went into effect this year. Highly standardized and limited variety to cut waste and simplifying the prep process in the galleys allows them to sail with fewer/less trained galley staff and cut operating costs.. 

6 hours ago, blondie from arizona said:

We are going to be on her again on April 21 also. Should be a great cruise. The Solarium cafe will give you a little variety. They have kemmilwecks w beef, paninis, pizza.  The Tuna melt was very good. I do wish they would have chips or something to go with them, but I had a salad instead. The honey mustard dressing is very good.  We have not tried the main dining room for lunch, but plan to on the upcoming cruise.

The windjammer had a nice, fresh salad every day. The burger patty was acceptable, but probably not 100% beef. DH thought they had nice fresh buns. I actually enjoyed a hot dog!  I did not want to imply the WJ was bad, just that it is literally the same every day. I was looking for nachos and was disappointed.

i hear you.  The big ships now have El Loco Fresh which is wonderful.   I try not to eat many burgers on board unless I am on the newer Carnival with Guy Fieri's burgers.

My favorite food on ships is the variety of bread and cookies.   I like the grilled veggies too.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Yes, I agree. I was on the Enchantment in Sept, and enjoyed the food. Vision last week, not as much variety.