Are the AquaTheater suites loud?

56 minutes ago, mwike said:

Any advice would be appreciated.  Just don't want to hear every show from inside the cabin.

Thanks.

YES. You can hear everything happening when the show is on.

Edited by Mellylucy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done them several times and never noticed this as an issue.  I’ve heard some say it bothered them so I think opinions will vary.  We’ve done this cabin with our three young kids and also when it was just me and my wife.  So with kids we were in the cabin at night a lot.  I guess if you spend a lot of time in the family room area you may hear it here and there.  I really can’t ever remember it being an issue and again, we have been in one several times.  I really don’t think you could hear it all from the bedrooms (at least not on Oasis or Allure).  The layouts are a little different on the newer ships so perhaps it varies.  Hope that helps.  

We had an ATS on deck 11 on Allure a few years ago. We could hear the shows when they were going on, but we didn’t hear anything else when the balcony doors were closed and locked. We loved the suite and would absolutely stay in one again. Some people mention the “long walk” from the elevators as a negative, but we appreciated the quiet and privacy back there… And of course the balcony was amazing.

• Like 2

We sleep with white noise and couldn't hear any of the shows. If there was no white noise, we would be able to hear it, but we would probably be able to sleep through it.

If there is no show on, noise is not a consideration at all.

Like mentioned above...during the day, yes...you can hear when the shows are on as well as other activities on the boardwalk....you will also the dinging of the bell from the rock climbing walls. At night it should be fairly quiet...don't remember ever being woken up by noise and I am a lite sleeper.

My/our first Star Class cruise was on the Allure with Marla (she's the best by far, in my opinion, and others) as our Genie and we were in an Aqua Theatre suite, 10th Floor if I remember correctly.  If there was noise, I never noticed it.  Nor did anyone else in our party or at least never complained about it. The only thing that one person said was that the light from the shows bothered her a little, (obviously, they slept in the living room) even with the curtains drawn closed.  The fix, we stayed out until after the shows were done for the day, it was really a tough fix, we had to drink a lot of adult beverages, eat a lot of junk food, and be entertained by the professional entertainment staff and fellow cruisers, LOL.  It was my second most favorite cruise ever, next to Symphony, but Marla was better than the Genie we had on the Symphony.  

We were in an ATS on Deck 11 on Allure in Dec/Jan. I also went into it with reservations but it was truly the most amazing experience we've ever had. I did NOT notice noise when the doors were shut but we always had a TV on or white noise when sleeping. One of the main charms about this suite is that you have this amazing deck that overlooks the ocean if you want quiet on one side, and for the other, you face the Aqua Theater and Boardwalk if you want to experience more "energy". DS and I loved being able to sit on the deck and watch a movie without having to leave, all with the ocean sounds, just magical. If you can book this suite, do it, it's absolutely amazing and you'll never look at a suite-deck in the same way again.

Edited by GetToLivin

With the balcony door open, it is loud. Close the door, and you can hear it, but it's not distracting. From the bedrooms, I didn't notice anything at all. We were on the 8th floor. Doing it again this June.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

With the balcony door open, it is loud. Close the door, and you can hear it, but it's not distracting. From the bedrooms, I didn't notice anything at all. We were on the 8th floor. Doing it again this June.

Agree.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything from the bedrooms. 

17 hours ago, Ret MP said:

My/our first Star Class cruise was on the Allure with Marla (she's the best by far, in my opinion, and others) as our Genie and we were in an Aqua Theatre suite, 10th Floor if I remember correctly.  If there was noise, I never noticed it.  Nor did anyone else in our party or at least never complained about it. The only thing that one person said was that the light from the shows bothered her a little, (obviously, they slept in the living room) even with the curtains drawn closed.  The fix, we stayed out until after the shows were done for the day, it was really a tough fix, we had to drink a lot of adult beverages, eat a lot of junk food, and be entertained by the professional entertainment staff and fellow cruisers, LOL.  It was my second most favorite cruise ever, next to Symphony, but Marla was better than the Genie we had on the Symphony.  

Error, it was the 8th floor.  The large balcony floor.